By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 hits a million in first week(Europe)

@MikeB: That's what I would initially assume too, at least after looking at their press release. They clearly state they shipped "over 1 million" copies, which usually means slightly more than a million.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I think people  here should realise Konami doesn't care about final destination of their games. They already got their share of the game's price. It's really funny how people try to belittle all this...

ioi said:
These are shipped numbers guys

well there we go!

/thread

MikeB said:

@ NJ5

It's not confusing at all, Konami sold over 1 million units of MGS4 for Europe. How many copies retailers have sold to consumers the tracking firms will have to determine.

Konami made the announcement.

We can however assume that MGS4 sales to consumers for Europe will easily top 1 million in the near future.

kber81 said:

I think people  here should realise Konami doesn't care about final destination of their games. They already got their share of the game's price. It's really funny how people try to belittle all this...

Two fans of Sony with knowledge. Please pay attention, folks.

Konami SOLD over 1 million to RETAIL, which is awesome. Retailers won't buy a game if it doesn't sell. Period.

everdom said:
ioi said:

well there we go!

/thread

Why /thread? Over 1 million first week sales is quite excellent and IMO discussion worthy.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

@DollaDolla: Yeah, but that's stating the obvious, especially on a game of this dimension :P

The discussion in the thread arose from the fact that some people believed the 1m was already sold to customers, which would imply the game was almost sold out and another big shipment was already on the way. It's quite different.

Anyhow, the game is selling well, no doubt about that.

Well if it sells 300K this week due to late Spain release....the numbers may be correct sold to retailers wise

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wait, if it is shipped, then why did they add "sold a million copies in Europe since its release on June 12th". I doubt they shipped 1 million copies during it's first week of launch.

I think they are implying that it is sold to consumers. But they may be wrong, who knows.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

big_boss said:

Wait, if it is shipped, then why did they add "sold a million copies in Europe since its release on June 12th". I doubt they shipped 1 million copies during it's first week of launch.

I think they are implying that it is sold to consumers. But they may be wrong, who knows.

No matter whether it's true or not, that part isn't in Konami's press release.

MikeB said:
everdom said:
ioi said:

well there we go!

/thread

Why /thread? Over 1 million first week sales is quite excellent and IMO discussion worthy.

ah very good point, should have written /thread derailment.