By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 hits a million in first week(Europe)

Wow, people saying Konami actually knows how many were sold to customers are really out of their mind.

If so, Konami should start tracking consumer sales and NPD and ChartTrack should go out of business, as it seems they were able to track perfectly by their own the sales.

OF COURSE it's units SOLD BY THEM to RETAILERS. I can't understand people believing these are customer numbers. I'm getting sick.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Wow, people saying Konami actually knows how many were sold to customers are really out of their mind.

If so, Konami should start tracking consumer sales and NPD and ChartTrack should go out of business, as it seems they were able to track perfectly by their own the sales.

OF COURSE it's units SOLD BY THEM to RETAILERS. I can't understand people believing these are customer numbers. I'm getting sick.

Because they wouldn't know stock levels and how much they shipped already... right?

@Pooper: LOL, Then every company in the world would be able to tell how many games has their games sold so far, there's absolutely no way what you say its tru ROFL. Do you have an idea of how many stores are scattered across Europe? And how hard would it be for Konami alone to track all of them? I guess you don't.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Pooper: LOL, Then every company in the world would be able to tell how many games has their games sold so far, there's absolutely no way what you say its tru ROFL. Do you have an idea of how many stores are scattered across Europe? And how hard would it be for Konami alone to track all of them? I guess you don't.

You still have an idea of stock levels and deman and how many youve shipped or else there would be a bajillion tampons at all youre towns drug stores

I gaurentee they have a better idea of how many was sold than we do.

First Week Others

VGChartz:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots 429,318

Konami:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots 1 mln
without Spain

and now ?

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
apujanata said:

11:00 (BST), 24/06/2008
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Press Release PROVIDED BY GAMES PRESS
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that sales of its newly-released Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots title for PLAYSTATION®3 have exceeded one million units within the first week.

Konami has shipped over one million copies of the game to retailers across Europe to meet the exceptional demand, with high sales confirmed in all European territories and securing the Number One position in the relevant sales charts.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fanboys cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Like others were,when MGS4 sold 1.4 mil in two days."It's niche","It won't sell a million in a week",etc

PooperScooper said:
trestres said:

You still have an idea of stock levels and deman and how many youve shipped or else there would be a bajillion tampons at all youre towns drug stores

I gaurentee they have a better idea of how many was sold than we do.

Ever heard of the supply chain? Supply and demand work on more levels than the manufacturer and the customer. The whole chain (including wholesale retailers) works by supply and demand. If Konami knows how much the product is selling to end customers, it's due to the tracking agencies and maybe some contacts with the big retailers.

@bleu: Yeah, but what does that have to do with this topic?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Great news for MGS 4.

Seems doubtful....but i hope its true

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot