By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:
sc94597 said:

Well I always thought there are many sub genres to the adventure game Action-Adventure being one of them. Well I guess your right though

I for one have always seen action-adventure as its own genre, because it doesn't really belong into action nor adventure. A sub genre is more like Racing/futuristic, it's clear that the game is racing, but it's different to other games in the same genre, so it warrants a distinction.

Adventure and action-adventure however are really different types of games, so the latter isn't a sub genre of the former.

@darconi: Zelda defines the action-adventure genre.

I disagree, I've always seen action-adventure as the subgenre/expansion of the adventure genre.  I see it in the same way that Oblivion is considered a RPG while FF6 was also an RPG.  Oblivion became classified as WRPG, FF6 as a JRPG but they both still are RPGs.

Around the Network

you can never have too many FPS games, i love them!

I like FPSs and all but there are way too many being made

I personaly love shooters. I would like devs to mix it up though. Maybe blend adventure/shooter (uncharted) and horror/shooter (resevil) and shooter/rpg elements. those I could handle more of. Not just more world war fps'. blah I loved uncharted. Played it 2 times through. something I hardly ever do. Im a beat it trade it person. dont do online so maybe give us more single player story mode. I mean online multi is the future I guess. just give me a long satisfying single player mode. Hate to buy a game and get 4 hours gameplay. (((but the multi kicks))) dont care. eh just my 2 pennies.

not enough FPS's!!!

Bring on Killzone 2

I'm back...

Around the Network

I have nothing against FPS's, but I think they are badly divided. Why make another generic WWII FPS where you could make a FPS with a more adventurous approach? Or why make a generic shooter while you know that COD4 is already on the market? The genre needs some more variety in the right places. And why not make some more for Wii - you know it will sell as long as it's good, as opposed to the overcrowded PS360 market.

I drink your milkshake.

hoola said:
I personaly love shooters. I would like devs to mix it up though. Maybe blend adventure/shooter (uncharted) and horror/shooter (resevil) and shooter/rpg elements. those I could handle more of. Not just more world war fps'. blah I loved uncharted. Played it 2 times through. something I hardly ever do. Im a beat it trade it person. dont do online so maybe give us more single player story mode. I mean online multi is the future I guess. just give me a long satisfying single player mode. Hate to buy a game and get 4 hours gameplay. (((but the multi kicks))) dont care. eh just my 2 pennies.

Because both of those games are first person shooters?

Whatever is popular at the time always gets an overabundance of titles for a while. At one time every game was a wannabe Mario. Platformers still exist but not to the point that they once did. FPS games wiil eventually be less but will always be around.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

T013 said:
I have nothing against FPS's, but I think they are badly divided. Why make another generic WWII FPS where you could make a FPS with a more adventurous approach? Or why make a generic shooter while you know that COD4 is already on the market? The genre needs some more variety in the right places. And why not make some more for Wii - you know it will sell as long as it's good, as opposed to the overcrowded PS360 market.

Sorry, but no...

-The Conduit for Wii (an ambitious FPS game) will not sell as much as another generic shooter on X360 or PS3 (for example; Haze).

-Every casual-game will sell more then an FPS on Wii, that's why there aren't much of them. (only exception is Red Steel, it was an overhyped launchtitle that was the only thing available next to Zelda)... Casual crowd FTW XD... Sadly.

-Even a generic FPS will make profit. That's why EVERY developer makes them except the ones that are working on Wii, because it won't sell on that system (most of the time).

THE NETHERLANDS

@StarcraftManiac How do you know an fps won't sell on the wii? I have yet to see a good fps on the wii.