By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you afford your gaming hobby?

Money from my parents as well........

Around the Network

I am a Nuclear Engineer

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I get most of my games the illegal way for now because I'm poor. But I finally got a good job at some fastfood place so I can start buying games again. There's so much I need to buy. ;_;

Shake and bake, it just happend.

Throw cans on a shelf. I know it's exciting.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The old way... Work.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Work as a lawyer at one of the top 5 earning law firms in the world and I am in the unfortunate (or I should really say fortunate position) that right now I can afford to buy any game I am remotely interested in but marriage and work (and now Mario Kart online) means I have very limited time to play. As a result I have No More Heros, Pro Evo, Boom Blox, Wario Ware, Trauma Centre but have barely even played them at all.

Few years back it was the opposite as I was a student and had loads of time for games but a tight budget meant I could only go for the blockbusters.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I work my summerholidays away at my dads factory, and live off of that the rest of the year. I still live with my parents, and as of january '09 I'm getting a monthly sum of money from the government (turning 18 + studying + country with great welfare = money for me!). Then there are the rare occasions where my parents feel like giving me something (outside of the holidays/birthdays of course)

work in addition to exploiting specials and trade in value to reduce what I pay for games (see my post in zenfolder's gaming deals thread if you want more info). I paid $41.00 including tax/shipping for MGS4 (thanks amazon).

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Put off eating

I work 6 days a week as a Computer Engineer at Centrecom.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina