By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If one Nintendo franchise HAD to end...

*bleu-ocelot* said:
sc94597 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Metriod.No one in Japan buys it.

Are you serious?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4442

Sold more in japan than U.S

Edit: Actually It sold the same as U.S and others combined.

Anyway what does that have to do with your personal preference?

Oh.I forgot to add that I don't like the Metriod games,and that it is Nintendo's weakest franchise.

Where did you get the idea metroid was nintendo's weakest franchise. Do you mean sales, or do you mean  in quality. If quality then that is just your opinion and not the opinion of many. Especially since metroid prime is the 5th highest ranked game of all time, and super metroid is thought by many to be the best snes game. If you mean sales I wouldn't call 12 million copies sold bad, and that is out of the data vgchartz has. Especially when nintendo has many series that have sold far less examples being Battalion Wars and FIre Emblem.

Around the Network

I personally wouldn't want any franchise from any platform to die. But if I had to choose that would be a franchise that's dead by now, like Geist or Chibi Robo.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

ClaudeLv250 said:
Well first, let me say that anyone that chose Metroid needs to die right now plz.

Mean Kill: Stafy. If they continue to refuse bringing that series over here they need to stop making them.

Mercy Kill: Donkey Kong. The series has been floating in limbo for awhile now, Nintendo doesn't seem to know what to do with it and it hasn't really been relevant as a powerful Nintendo franchise once Rare departed. DK anf friends will still show up in Mario games...sometimes...

Nonsensical Kill: Pokemon. Only if Nintendo hates money.

At least somebody agrees with me.

Tokoro said:
noname2200 said:

Do what I do: since we haven't had Mother 3 localized, don't think of the series as "dead", think of it as having a sequel which is bound to arrive someday.

I want my Earthbound sequel...

Man, I'm just waiting for the fan translation to be done at Starmen.net :3 They're making lots of progress.

I need it ; ;

mufufufufu.... xD

I can't wait either!

Also, a big "wtf" goes out to everyone saying Mario and Metroid, especially Mario considering how big he is. He's been the biggest gaming icon of all time since the time he was first created to now.

If one Nintendo franchise HAD to end...

I would cut my own throat and die in a world where happiness and light still hold their sway.

Arthasfoldor: I stand for the light.

That's LARP, fyi. LARP.

I traded my Wii for a 360 though...

Arthasfoldor Lich King: I was a fool to stand for the light.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

metriod. There are plenty of sci-fi shooters nowadays.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Donkey Kong

bigjon said:
metriod. There are plenty of sci-fi shooters nowadays.

Sorry, but metroid pirme isn't a shooter. It's an adventure game. And no there aren't plenty of adventure games nowadays.

Edit: ALso nobody could pick the metroid prime series because there isn't any more being made. I do hope they start making 2d metroids again. They better.

Advance Wars

Donkey Kong...that franchise isn't even a shadow of DKC...but wait, there is still DK-Rap, so i would kill Chibi Robo/Staffy

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back