By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will Sony respond if the Xbox 360 sees an $100 price cut this summer?

Neither will drop; the U.S. dollar is going to be worth 5 pieces of poop if our stagflation doesn't end; not to mention they aren't making enough profit as it is.

Around the Network

^^I'd say at least six pieces of poop, and one has a nut in it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Papa Rokks said:
Didn't Sony mention something about not competing against Microsoft? In any case, Sony will do what they originally planned. They're working on getting new games, firmware updates and most importantly Home. I don't think Sony has the ability to detract from their current plans as of now.

i guess sony doesnt compete with anybody these days.

Leetgeek said:
I don't think that will happen. Not after they dumped the 50 million on GTA4. But let's say that 360 did go down to $200 this year. I think it would outsell both PS3 and the Wii in the US.

That's crazy talk.

The 360 20GB premium is cheaper than the Wii in most parts of the world outside of NA and it gets badly beaten by the Wii weekly.  The 360 Arcade edition is about the price of the Wii in the US and yet the 360 gets like 1/4th or 1/5th of the Wii's sales in the US.  And the Wii isn't even in stock.

Well, it would show that they are not competing with the ps3 but have instead decided to compete with the ps2 which is around the same price.

Without Blu Ray, xbox is doomed.

Around the Network
demon123 said:

Well, it would show that they are not competing with the ps3 but have instead decided to compete with the ps2 which is around the same price.

Without Blu Ray, xbox is doomed.

If MS introduced Blu-Ray, they would have a BIG loss.

Leetgeek said:
I don't think that will happen. Not after they dumped the 50 million on GTA4. But let's say that 360 did go down to $200 this year. I think it would outsell both PS3 and the Wii in the US.

lol, they would also lose billions in the process....

People for some reason equate price drops with sales. The price of a console also goes a long way with mind share. The 360 does not want to seem inferior to the Wii by going under 250 dollars.  Get rid of the Arcade A), Price the Pro at 300 B), and finally bring the Elite to 350 C).  Sony has to respond.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

won't do much....at all for 360

I feel if 80GB bundle keeps selling out SONY has nothing to worry about this year....no price cut would do

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

talkingparrot said:

People for some reason equate price drops with sales. The price of a console also goes a long way with mind share. The 360 does not want to seem inferior to the Wii by going under 250 dollars. Get rid of the Arcade A), Price the Pro at 300 B), and finally bring the Elite to 350 C). Sony has to respond.

That sounds probable. I would rather see a $100 price drop on the $280 arcade unit, but it wouldn't make much business sense from Micrsoft's perspective.