By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Received an e-mail from vgchartz?

I was just looking over my e-mails and noticed i had some in my junk folder, they are from noreply@vgchartz.com, and they are telling me 3 users have added me as a friend, they were sent on June 12.  I know for a fact i had never received these requests on this site, and i'm pretty sure i have had people add me as a friend since June12, so i'm assuming this is some sort of Virus shit or something like that?

Around the Network

I don't have any, so I can't comment, but I don't see the email address I provided anywhere in my profile, so I don't *think* that they could have gotten it from the site.

Have you ever emailed anyone from the site? Chances are good that someone that's emailed you has a bot on their computer that sends out spams to their contacts with the 'from' field being someone else in the contact book, so if you've emailed with someone else who is a member on VGC it could easily overlap. That's SOP for a lot of email spam.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Never had anything like that

hmmm. haven't noticed a thing either

That's kinda weird.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Does vgchartz send out emails pertaining to such?

alpha_dk said:
I don't have any, so I can't comment, but I don't see the email address I provided anywhere in my profile, so I don't *think* that they could have gotten it from the site.

Have you ever emailed anyone from the site? Chances are good that someone that's emailed you has a bot on their computer that sends out spams to their contacts with the 'from' field being someone else in the contact book, so if you've emailed with someone else who is a member on VGC it could easily overlap. That's SOP for a lot of email spam.

I have never posted my e-mail on this site and have never talked to anyone on this site through e-mail.  The only place that has my e-mail would be my profile on GameTrailers,  but my name is different on that site i have never posted that i go to this site on GT.  But i removed my e-mail now on Gt just incase.

@griffin, you had to provide your e-mail when you signed up for this site.

I think that ioi played around with sending an e-mail upon a friend request and that a few people got spammed by it. I do know that someone else also brought this same situation up (don't remember) but the reason for the e-mails is all speculation.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

ive never received anything like this

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

This is what the message says.

ioi added you as a friend on VGChartz

To confirm the request visit http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/friends.php?tab=requests

Thanks,The VGChartz Team

Their are two others with the same writing but have the names Yecats and slicktrick as the friends wanting me to add them.