By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Supposing Apple indeed (re)enters the home console market at some point...

.....will the 'fanboy fights' exponentially increase?

I mean, I´ve heard a lot of people say Apple fanboys are the worst.

Don´t know any Apple fanboy, but is it true they´re generally way worse than Sony, MS and Nintendo fanboys?

Around the Network

They already started through digital distribution.

The iphone has alot of games coming out, and people are buying them.

Also, I dont think apple will make a console, but they will use the iphone as some sort of handheld, but nothing significant.

mM

I'm a huge fan of Apple computers and the OS
I used to hate Ipods, but they vastly improved since the first models, whilst other companies have made only slight improvements in the same time

Apple fanboys are no worse than any others, but in my experience they are a bit different.

Whilst the Sony/Xbox/Nintendo fanboys will abuse you over your choice of console
Mac and Windows fanboys are more likely to feel contempt rather than anger

Nuffin is worse than the Sony fanboys, because they have built up a huge amount of arrogance during that decade of dominance.

Slimebeast said:

Nuffin is worse than the Sony fanboys, because they have built up a huge amount of arrogance during that decade of dominance.

Coming from a MS fanboy, of course you will hate the Sony ones the worst :)

I think it will be funny, because if Apple does enter the market, they will target the Wii. They will go for innovation over technology.

So you will have Sony vs MS, and Apple vs Nintendo.

Two different fights going on :)

Around the Network

A fanboy is a fanboy.

Personally, when I see a thread about Apple on the internet, I see a half-dozen posts bitching about how annoying Apple fanboys are before I see a single post from an Apple fanboy. Guess which I find more annoying?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I don't know if Apple would try to target the strongest console maker as their competitor. If you take that route, you'll only be a second leg. The Xbox, although having a fairly unique library, was mostly bought by the same sort of people who bought PS2s (save for RPG fans), and now we're starting to see the same with the HD consoles. Similar userbases divided by fanboyism.

So while we would see two different potential userbases with an appreciation for innovation (and maybe a few casuals), it would mostly be Apple fans seeing Nintendo as their new enemy. Trust me, they're ready to make the transition from computers to consoles, even if they have no intention of playing them.

famousringo said:
A fanboy is a fanboy.

Personally, when I see a thread about Apple on the internet, I see a half-dozen posts bitching about how annoying Apple fanboys are before I see a single post from an Apple fanboy. Guess which I find more annoying?

For now, but don't worry... when the Apple fanboys finally learn how to find their internet browser and discover the internet, we're all doomed! ^_^

Anyway, I definitely see the fanboy fights going way up should Apple enter. The one got guy who made a OSX virus to prove it could be done was getting death threats from Apple fanboys. Video game fans are pretty crazy with all the cosplay stuff, but usually we don't go that far. The current fanboys may be annoying but the Apple fanboys are downright rabid by comparison.

Soriku said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
famousringo said:
A fanboy is a fanboy.

For now, but don't worry... when the Apple fanboys finally learn how to find their internet browser and discover the internet, we're all doomed! ^_^

Anyway, I definitely see the fanboy fights going way up should Apple enter. The one got guy who made a OSX virus to prove it could be done was getting death threats from Apple fanboys. Video game fans are pretty crazy with all the cosplay stuff, but usually we don't go that far. The current fanboys may be annoying but the Apple fanboys are downright rabid by comparison.

Can I get some examples? =P Links?

Read it on Slashdot late last year.  It's old enough where I'm not going to bother looking for links.

Apple has a shot at both the handheld and home-console market , but to be honest I cant see them as a dominative force in either market . As much as they want , they cant rely exclusivly on 3rd party support ...

Still , if they do make a forced entry , as MS did with the first Xbox ( buying up exclusives , making the strongest HW etc. ) I could see many PS/Xb/Nin fans migrating , mainly because Apple is a well trusted brand on the hardware market ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!