By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Supposing Apple indeed (re)enters the home console market at some point...

Words Of Wisdom said:

For now, but don't worry... when the Apple fanboys finally learn how to find their internet browser and discover the internet, we're all doomed! ^_^

Being that the first browser ever, and the creation of the world wide web was on the derivitave of the MacOS (The NeXT OS), I think most of them know where it is ;)

Around the Network

be interesting if Apple entered the console wars, I mean imagine 4 major consoles on the market.

NJ5 said:

Apple fanboys are fanboys, but they tend to be more rabid from what I've seen (all anecdotal evidence).

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because they tend to feel they belong to a minority elite. They're right about the minority part.

They are more rabid, because of their competition, and because most people who argue against them, argue from a position of ignorance (meaning they have never used a Mac, or have not used on in the last 4-5 years).

In the Sony vs. MS argument, there are strong cases for either system, thus each are usually more understanding of each other. In the Mac OS vs. Vista argument, Vista has nothing to stand on.

It would be like a Wii fanboy on this sight starting a post, explaining why the graphics capabilities of the Wii are far better than the 360 or PS3. If he was stupid enough to make that statement, he would get a lot of rabid responses.

O-D-C said:
be interesting if Apple entered the console wars, I mean imagine 4 major consoles on the market.

People will then decide--either a Microsoft game player or an Apple game player? Reliability or Faulty tech?

TheRealMafoo said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

For now, but don't worry... when the Apple fanboys finally learn how to find their internet browser and discover the internet, we're all doomed! ^_^

Being that the first browser ever, and the creation of the world wide web was on the derivitave of the MacOS (The NeXT OS), I think most of them know where it is ;)

Eh?

1- The NeXT OS is not a derivative of Mac OS, more like the opposite (actually not even NeXT OS, but NEXTSTEP).

2- When Tim Berners Lee made the first browser, NeXT didn't even have anything to do with Apple, they were only bought later.

Apologies if I got any fact wrong, but I think it's this way.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Eh?

1- The NeXT OS is not a derivative of Mac OS, more like the opposite (actually not even NeXT OS, but NEXTSTEP).

2- When Tim Berners Lee made the first browser, NeXT didn't even have anything to do with Apple, they were only bought later.

Apologies if I got any fact wrong, but I think it's this way.

Umm, I said it wrong. The OS that runs on a Mac today, is the same OS that ran on the NeXT systems. Apple bought NeXT, and turned their OS into OSX.

This is a good quick read on OSX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Mac_OS_X

TheRealMafoo said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

The original Newton-carrying Apple fanboys do, but not the new college age crowd.  I don't think anything pisses me off more than the 19-year old college girl who is obsessed with Apple and demands why you are not.  It's even more annoying when they don't even say why Apple is god. At least Ninty/PS/MS fans can put a sentance or two together arguing why their systems are the best. In my experiance Apple fanboys are all like this:

*I'm typing on my laptop in a public area*
Random liberal student: "You use a dell? Apple is so much better"
me: "Uh, hi... and sorry I prefer Windows"
him: "Oh please, Apple is so much better. Way to support the monopoly"
me: "first off, Apple has a monopoly with iPods so I wouldn't talk, and secondly: Name one thing Apple does better on a computer"
(I realize Apples are better at many things but I know this kid won't be able to list one)
him: "They're just better in every way.... and they don't get viruses!"
me: "I have never gotten a virus, its not that hard if your not a moron"
him: "whatever, Apples are soooo much better than windows... you just dont get it!"

Seriosuly. I want a punch a baby when I'm around those people. Preferably a baby listening to an iPod.

/Apple isn't that bad really
//owns an iphone

More on topic, I don't think Apple fans will be a big problem because Apple fans aren't gamers. Sony pulled in the frat crowd with games like GTA and sports franchises, and MS pulled in all the PC gamers and FTS games. Current Apple "fanboys" are mostly graphic arts majors and modern day hippies (no idea how why that group loves Apple, but it seems to be true). These people won't be flocking out in millions to support an Apple game system

oh no not this again

@eab: "no idea how why that group loves Apple, but it seems to be true"

Because they want to be different?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957