By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What the Hell Paper Mario

I've beaten TTYD over 12 times, and I still love the game to pieces. I love the humor as well. It's probably my favorite GC game.

That being said, I really love SPM as well, the story is great! I really let myself get immersed in it, so I was pulled more from the emotional side of the story than some people.

The original PM game is amazing as well!

Around the Network

thousend year door is the best game

I'll have to play the first two - super paper mario bored the crap out of me. If the others are fairly different, maybe I should try them.

I liked TTYD the best, but Super is my second favorite. I hated the first one, it felt like an RPG for 5 year olds. It went a bit overboard with the simplicity, and the dialogue and humor was just so kiddy. I hate the term kiddy, but I am still willing to use it for the first Paper Mario that just felt way too dumbed down. TTYD had much better humor that I genuinely laughed at, a deeper combat system, and a much much better story. Super went in a different direction, and I still liked it, but TTYD was just brilliant.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

SSSBOLIMAR said:

thousend year door is the best game

Bumpage of a 1.5-month-old thread ftw.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

They ruined the series if I want a platforming Mario I'll play the main series.

paper Mario > paper Mario ttyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SPM

IMO...

RolStoppable said:
pichu_pichu said:
paper Mario > paper Mario ttyd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SPM

IMO...

Your opinion is wrong.

how can opinions be wrong ?

Agreed. PM:TTYD was an amazing game, and one of my favorites, and then they ruined everything in SPM. It was okay, but it was nothing when compared to the other 2 games. Hopefully a Paper Mario 4 as an RPG for Wii is coming soon...

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

I enjoyed SPM. I thought 3D switching to solve puzzles was well implemented.