By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do MGS4 and FF7 have in common?

Cougarman said:
Leetgeek said:
Cougarman said:
Leetgeek said:

So that's the advantage of PS3 that even most PC games can't touch. A ridiculious ammount of memory allowing developers a LOT of real estate to work with. MGS4 is the first game to take advatage of this... but it wont be the last.

err pc has almost limitles memory thanks to 1TB hard drives and superior ram

Ummmmm. The game is not gonna ship on a harddrive. And you can pretty much expect about 0 big budget games that are only avilable for download only

even if a game is in 10 dvd's on pc you just have to install it once, the pc also has blu ray btw

K you got me but your going off on  a tangent this is more about consoles and not infanitely  customizable PCs...

Around the Network

MGS4 and FFVII have almost nothing in common. A parallel between the two doesn't really exist. Final Fantasy VII was the first Final Fantasy on a non Nintendo platform. Metal Gear has been on various platforms (MSX,NES,GB,PS,PS2,XBX,GC,PC) already and has lead on the Playstation platforms since MGS1. Final Fantasy VII took the Final Fantasy series in a dramatically different direction. MGS4 largely follows MGS2's lead. Even MGS:TT on Gamecube took a more cutscene intensive approach in comparison to the PS1 original. If you were working the "MGS1 fans don't care for the direction of the series" angle I could see your point, but you aren't.

tangent? come on man i was just pointing out flaws on your reasons for saying ps3 is superior to pc, i agree on most of your points btw mgs4 is fantastic

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Leetgeek said:
Cougarman said:
Leetgeek said:
Cougarman said:
Leetgeek said:

So that's the advantage of PS3 that even most PC games can't touch. A ridiculious ammount of memory allowing developers a LOT of real estate to work with. MGS4 is the first game to take advatage of this... but it wont be the last.

Ummmmm. The game is not gonna ship on a harddrive. And you can pretty much expect about 0 big budget games that are only avilable for download only

even if a game is in 10 dvd's on pc you just have to install it once, the pc also has blu ray btw

K you got me but your going off on  a tangent this is more about consoles and not infanitely  customizable PCs...

A PC game can have 10 DVDs and still only need 1 to play the game (or none at all). Example? World of Warcraft, which has 4 DVDs containing a potential of 34GB (if they're dual-layered) AND doesn't even need a DVD to play the game. For comparison, MGS4's BD image has a total of 30GB.

both are story driven games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
shio said:
Leetgeek said:
Cougarman said:
Leetgeek said:
Cougarman said:
Leetgeek said:

K you got me but your going off on a tangent this is more about consoles and not infanitely customizable PCs...

A PC game can have 10 DVDs and still only need 1 to play the game (or none at all). Example? World of Warcraft, which has 4 DVDs containing a potential of 34GB (if they're dual-layered) AND doesn't even need a DVD to play the game. For comparison, MGS4's BD image has a total of 30GB.

I see your point but the last 3 PC games I bought I had to have the DVD in the drive to run (Bioshock GoW, Crysis). Why is that Shio? Why? No seriously why?

I just want to say to the people saying that instals are the same as disc swaps, that you are in the wrong. Kojima made MGS4knowing he had a hard drive on every system. This allows for many streaming features to be even better than what the 360's DVD drive allows. So if they had used DVD's not only would you have to swap about 7 times throughout the game, but you would have an install for each disc.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Darc Requiem said:
MGS4 and FFVII have almost nothing in common. A parallel between the two doesn't really exist. Final Fantasy VII was the first Final Fantasy on a non Nintendo platform. Metal Gear has been on various platforms (MSX,NES,GB,PS,PS2,XBX,GC,PC) already and has lead on the Playstation platforms since MGS1. Final Fantasy VII took the Final Fantasy series in a dramatically different direction. MGS4 largely follows MGS2's lead. Even MGS:TT on Gamecube took a more cutscene intensive approach in comparison to the PS1 original. If you were working the "MGS1 fans don't care for the direction of the series" angle I could see your point, but you aren't.

Except for all the things they do have in common.

Both FF7 and MGS 4 are video games with large fan bases. Both the best game in their respected genre. FF7 = best JRPG of all time. MGS 4 = best stealth shooter of all time

Rock_on_2008 said:

Both FF7 and MGS 4 are video games with large fan bases. Both the best game in their respected genre. FF7 = best JRPG of all time. MGS 4 = best stealth shooter of all time

I think Thief II takes the cake on that.