By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do MGS4 and FF7 have in common?

Rock_on_2008 said:

Both FF7 and MGS 4 are video games with large fan bases. Both the best game in their respected genre. FF7 = best JRPG of all time. MGS 4 = best stealth shooter of all time

lol

Around the Network

They both have rabid fanbases that refuse to accept any criticism of the titles, regardless of its verocity?

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Rock_on_2008 said:

Both FF7 and MGS 4 are video games with large fan bases. Both the best game in their respected genre. FF7 = best JRPG of all time. MGS 4 = best stealth shooter of all time

I beat mgs4 last night. I wasn't stealthy at all. I even destroyed gekko with the javelin. It took me 33 hours but I ended up with 160+ headshots and 647 kills. This is the only mgs I've played myself even though I've always followed the story and its only because you didn't really have to sneak. I couldn't even sneak past the beginning before the mk II without getting caught!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

CrashMan said:
They both have rabid fanbases that refuse to accept any criticism of the titles, regardless of its verocity?

I'm going to have to go with this lol.

KBG29 said:
I just want to say to the people saying that instals are the same as disc swaps, that you are in the wrong. Kojima made MGS4knowing he had a hard drive on every system. This allows for many streaming features to be even better than what the 360's DVD drive allows. So if they had used DVD's not only would you have to swap about 3 times throughout the extremely long game, but you would have an install for each disc.

Boo hoo.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

they both show true power of the console they play on.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

PapaSmurf5721 said:

I wouldn't call it power. I would  call it showing off their new formats. If you mean graphics then I have to disagree, because FFVII looked like crap compared to other ps1 games and most n64 games. The only thing that saved it graphically were the FMVS, and it looked horrible when you see solid figures then it goes back to legos.

sc94597 said:
PapaSmurf5721 said:

I wouldn't call it power. I would  call it showing off their new formats. If you mean graphics then I have to disagree, because FFVII looked like crap compared to other ps1 games and most n64 games. The only thing that saved it graphically were the FMVS, and it looked horrible when you see solid figures then it goes back to legos.

Man FF7's graphics were so jarring on the eyes.  It would be like if they use South Park style construction paper cut outs to make golumn in the LOTR movies.

Terrible...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
shio said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

I think Thief II takes the cake on that.

To be fair, the Thief series craps on pretty much anything else even remotely resembling a stealth game.  So much so that it's hardly even a fair comparison.

Both are great games and ff7 best rpg.