By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do MGS4 and FF7 have in common?

Torillian said:
I have to disagree with the idea that FF7 blurred the line between cut scene and game play though. I love that game to pieces but it did no such thing.

You could control Cloud when a cut scene was happening during the game. 

1. When Cloud was in a shinra uniform going to the junon parade

2. When you reach the northern crater after climbing the snowy mountain.

There are more times, but I can't think of them all.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network

well MGS4 doesn't really show the advantages of Blu Ray (hello lengthy install times)

it's more or less an alternative, instead of disc switching wait for a 3-5 min install.

Leetgeek said:

So that's the advantage of PS3 that even most PC games can't touch. A ridiculious ammount of memory allowing developers a LOT of real estate to work with. MGS4 is the first game to take advatage of this... but it wont be the last.

err pc has almost limitles memory thanks to 1TB hard drives and superior ram

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Shit really? I don't remember those moments from FF7 at all.....I gotta go find that bitch and play through it again. Been too long I guess.

Please let's not turn this into another MGS4 graphics > Crysis thread.

OT: They're common with great gameplay. :D

Around the Network
Cougarman said:
Leetgeek said:

So that's the advantage of PS3 that even most PC games can't touch. A ridiculious ammount of memory allowing developers a LOT of real estate to work with. MGS4 is the first game to take advatage of this... but it wont be the last.

Ummmmm. The game is not gonna ship on a harddrive. And you can pretty much expect about 0 big budget games that are only avilable for download only.

I see this turning into

WII PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3 XBOX 360

Thread, like always.

mM
leo-j said:
I see this turning into

WII PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3 XBOX 360

Thread, like always.

Shhh sit back and enjoy the ride bro.

Leetgeek said:
Cougarman said:
Leetgeek said:

Ummmmm. The game is not gonna ship on a harddrive. And you can pretty much expect about 0 big budget games that are only avilable for download only

even if a game is in 10 dvd's on pc you just have to install it once, the pc also has blu ray btw

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Leo-j must have extraordinary insight, because I didn't see that turn out coming at all in this thread.

That being said, The Wii and PC are clearly superior to the 360 and PS3!

=P