By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So its FINALLY time for me to buy a Playstation........

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

I have an HD TV.  The issue is this.  I need games to play starting late next week and for a month after that.

What I might do is see if I can borrow a PS2 for this month from a friend.  If I can do that, I wont have to pay for something that could later become debunked by the avaliablity of a BC PS3. 

It could go like this:

-Now:  Borrow PS2

-Christmas Holidays:  Play uber 360 line-up and some of the best looking Wii titles.

-Early to mid-next year:  Pick up a PS3 with full BC allowing me to play games I didn't get to in the coming month, play some of the medium quality PS3 titles that have gone past, and hopefully by then play GoW3 and Heavy Rain.

I don't know.  I'll try to borrow a PS2.  But if I can't I'll buy one, I cant have nothing to play in my holiday other than NG2.

Ahh, I thought this was a real post. I now realize it's a sly way to be a 360 fanboy troll. Good job, you had a lot of us going.

Make sure when you send off your hours to MS for your paycheck, you include this thread. It's bonus material.

By "medium quality" I didn't mean titles like GoW3/Heavy Rain/FFXIII.  I meant things that are already out that I'm interested in but wouldn't buy a system for.  R&C, HS etc.  Not MGS4 type titles, which I acknowledge are probably brilliant, but simply not a genre I'm interested in.

Cost is one of the keys here for me.  Thats why I want a BC PS3.  I don't want to pay for both systems.  I could pay full price for NG2, Too Human (towards the end of my break), Alone in the Dark etc.  But right now its far cheaper to buy a second hand PS2, and borrow some titles from friends while picking up old titles for $10-15.

If you'd read my post properly, you would have realized that I pointed too at least two massive, high-quality PS3 exclusives.

Edit:  You really have no faith in me at all huh?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Shameless said:
Starcraft confirms he is bored of the 360 library?

Absolutely

Actually.  Starcraft is confirming that he's played all the expensive titles he can afford, and now needs to play something that wont make his wallet cry.

I've considered getting a PS2 from time to time. I'll probably snap one up whenever they're on clearance and buy a ton of used games. I still wish I had done that with the Dreamcast a few years ago.

starcraft said:
Shameless said:

Absolutely

Actually.  Starcraft is confirming that he's played all the expensive titles he can afford, and now needs to play something that wont make his wallet cry.

Especially as Starcraft has been banned here quite often recently and he realises that he needs a few more games to play...  (As he can't stalk the forums when hes banned)

Tease.

Squilliam said:
starcraft said:
Shameless said:

Absolutely

Especially as Starcraft has been banned here quite often recently and he realises that he needs a few more games to play...  (As he can't stalk the forums when hes banned)

Meanie!!!

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Squilliam said:
starcraft said:
Shameless said:

Absolutely

Meanie!!!

I'll sell you my PS3 for cheap!

*Does that make it all better?*

Tease.

starcraft said:
Squilliam said:
starcraft said:
Shameless said:

Absolutely

Meanie!!!

We all know starcraft has multiple accounts and he just logs in  when his main account is banned. remember starcraft is a nerd.

On Topic starcraft will love PS2 with all its excellent games and huge library of RPG's.

colonelstubbs said:
Just my tuppence....

Buy Black....it compares to most FPS released today....but it only has 8 levels (big tho) so find it very cheap

Since he already has a 360 he can just download it.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

starcraft said:

@ Mafoo

But I will want some of the PS3 titles that are not out yet.

Primarily Versus, Heavy Rain and GoW3.

So it annoys me that I cannot buy a PS3 with BC. Honestly, this holiday I want to be able to play some games. I've played a lot on the 360, and I'll check out NG2, but I want some more games and the next-gen consoles big line-ups don't hit until after my break. Sony could EASILY sell me a console now if it had BC and Dualshock included.

I know I'll eventually get one for the games I mentioned, but now, I'll probably wait a year or even two to get it. All a PS2 will do is delay the time it takes me to get a PS3. And as I'll get the PS2 second-hand with a one-year warranty, Sony won't make any money at all. It just seems so stupid not to have a BC option in PAL. I'd buy a US model if it weren't for Blu-Ray movies being region locked.

Edit:  But I am thinking I will borrow FFXII from a friend.  I do love good WRPG's, and if nothing else it will familiarise me with the series a bit ahead of Versus.

Wow, I just looked up on ebay.au and the BC PS3's go for absurd amount of money. Obviously the demand is there for the BC version so perhaps they will release one soon. Really dumb move taking it away in the first place.

But those prices are outrageous... I'd definately stick to the PS2. Have you ever tried any SRPG's before? If not, and you're interested, I'd reccomend Disgaea.

Squilliam said:
starcraft said:
Squilliam said:
starcraft said:
Shameless said:

Absolutely

Meanie!!!

I'll sell you my PS3 for cheap!

*Does that make it all better?*

Haha.  How cheap?

Broken or not, I'd buy it REAL cheap haha.