By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So its FINALLY time for me to buy a Playstation........

@Playnext3

he can't////not available in Australia

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Definitely try Final Fantasy XII there's not to many games that I've played a 100 hours in but this is one of them (actually this game and Final Fantasy VII is the only 2), and there still is lot's more that I can do in it, I just eneded up getting a PS3 and well I kinda fergot all about it.

You definitely got to finish Gow of war 2 the ending is crazy (let's just say you'll definitely be waiting for God of War 3 to come out)

Also I recommend Final Fantasy X (great story to it really fun) and Burnout Revenge that game was really good I found myself determined to beat all the level's no matter how many times I've had to play it over (which might of been alot...)

You can't help but root for the underdog, GO PS3!

End of 08' Sales

Wii:                      39.56

Xbox 360:           24.75

Playstation 3:     20.58

I was hoping starcraft was going to buy a Playstation 3. Oh damn my hopes were shattered.

It took me 85 hours to finish KH2, but I did practically everything in that game. Even all gummi ships missions.

A regular playthrough of KH and KH2 should take 40-50 hours each. Unless you speed through which is possible to achieve in less than 40 hours. That´s normal for a game, at least for me.

SotC shouldn´t take long, around 8-15 hours. It all depends on how fast you find the Colossi and mainly how fast you grasp how to climb on them and defeat them.

From what I know about you, you will probably find FFXII to be a great game. It's a JRPG with a lot of WRPG influence.

The people who grip about it are usually the people who like JPRG's and hate WRPG's. If you like both, I think it's the perfect combination.

It does suck that there are no BC PS3's there. The PS2 games look better on a PS3 (it upscales).

Oh well, at least you save a lot of money if you have no interest in any PS3 titles.

Around the Network

@ Mafoo

But I will want some of the PS3 titles that are not out yet.

Primarily Versus, Heavy Rain and GoW3.

So it annoys me that I cannot buy a PS3 with BC. Honestly, this holiday I want to be able to play some games. I've played a lot on the 360, and I'll check out NG2, but I want some more games and the next-gen consoles big line-ups don't hit until after my break. Sony could EASILY sell me a console now if it had BC and Dualshock included.

I know I'll eventually get one for the games I mentioned, but now, I'll probably wait a year or even two to get it. All a PS2 will do is delay the time it takes me to get a PS3. And as I'll get the PS2 second-hand with a one-year warranty, Sony won't make any money at all. It just seems so stupid not to have a BC option in PAL. I'd buy a US model if it weren't for Blu-Ray movies being region locked.

Edit:  But I am thinking I will borrow FFXII from a friend.  I do love good WRPG's, and if nothing else it will familiarise me with the series a bit ahead of Versus.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

Edit:  But I am thinking I will borrow FFXII from a friend.  I do love good WRPG's, and if nothing else it will familiarise me with the series a bit ahead of Versus.

All FF games (save a few exceptions) are set in different universes with different characters. They all "feel" like FF, but there is no cross game lore to be gained by playing one.

Starcraft buy a PS3

hey, if you want to buy Sony's cow machine.. the one that milks sony most money. Go ahead and buy PS2

;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

All FF games (save a few exceptions) are set in different universes with different characters. They all "feel" like FF, but there is no cross game lore to be gained by playing one.

Yes I'm aware of that, but its precisely that Final Fantasy "feel" I thought I should acquaint myself with.  Then again, maybe it would be best to come into Versus getting nothing but a new experience.  What do you think?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS