By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So its FINALLY time for me to buy a Playstation........

Playstation 2.

Essentially, I'm about to finish exams and my family is going away, meaning I'll have the house to myself for a month.  I have a lot of GTAIV left to get through, but this month will be the last opportunity I get to really do significant amounts of gaming for at least six months.

I once owned a PS2 briefly before it broke, and finished GoW, got half way through GoW2 and started Kingdom Hearts.

I own both Kingdom Hearts (saw them VERY cheap a few months ago and had heard good things), so I'd like to know if the series is good enough to really sit down and devote 50 hours of my time too this holiday? To clarify, I literally only JUST started KH before my last PS2 broke.

Shadow of the Colossus is non-existant in this country.  After 6 months of searching every second hand game store top to bottom, I've neither seen nor heard of a copy being avaliable.  But by sheer luck, I found out a kid I used to babysit up the road has a copy, which he will lend me if I wish.  Once again the question is, how long does this title take to complete?  Is it worth it?

So in essense I want to know:

- How long will it take to play KH AND KH2 and is it worth it?

- How long will it take to play SotC and is it worth it?

- Are there any other games of critical importance I should play? (I may borrow an FF or two of a friend)

One last thing.  Has anyone heard of even the remotest possibility of the PS3 getting BC in PAL regions anytime soon?  If so, I could be swayed to hold off on buying a PS2 in order to get a BC PS3.  But if I buy a PS2, it'll be a LONG time before I go near the PS3.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Get Gran Turismo 3. Then you will realise what a true racing game is like

Personally I did not like KH. I much preferred FFX. If you like SotC also try and get ICO, but that will be even harder to find lol.

Why not just get a PS3 with BC?

In Australia, there are no PS3's with BC available. They only sell the 40GB. Even after accounting for tax differences, the 40GB costs about $US600 here.

ouch, that sucks.

well, KH1 and 2 are worth it if you like action RPGs, Disney, Final Fantasy, or any combination of those.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Get Gran Turismo 3. Then you will realise what a true racing game is like

Personally I did not like KH. I much preferred FFX. If you like SotC also try and get ICO, but that will be even harder to find lol.

I found GT4 rather boring, I would assume GT3 is similar.

All me and my friend ended up doing was fiddling with the stats in a way that made this red car with a huge wing go about 400 MPH, I think there may have been a cheat involved too... perhaps a debug mode or something.

wait for e3 to see if there is any news on backward comaptibility for PS3 in pal region/40gb models.

YES! Get Shadow of the Colossus. It's the greatest peice of interactive entertainment known to makind.

You could proabably finish it in about 15 hours.
I'm surprised you had trouble traching it down. There's always one or two copies in pre-owned section at my EB...

KH 2 took me about 35 hours to finish. It's a good lengthy game. The first one's about the same I think...can't remember.

windbane said:
ouch, that sucks.

well, KH1 and 2 are worth it if you like action RPGs, Disney, Final Fantasy, or any combination of those.

I love good action RPG's.  I haven't played any Final Fantasy for more than 5 minutes, but I am thinking of giving 10 or 12 a go.

@ Spartan

I'd like to wait until E3, but then 2 of my 4 weeks of holidays are gone

--OkeyDokey-- said:

YES! Get Shadow of the Colossus. It's the greatest peice of interactive entertainment known to makind.

You could proabably finish it in about 15 hours.
I'm surprised you had trouble traching it down. There's always one or two copies in pre-owned section at my EB...

KH 2 took me about 35 hours to finish. It's a good lengthy game. The first one's about the same I think...can't remember.

Well down here in Sydney, the kid up the road has the only copy of SotC I've ever actually seen with my own eyes. 

Its unlikely I'll ever get to own it, I can just borrow it from him.

WOW at KH2.  So I'm going to have to plug some serious time into the two KH's to get them done huh?