By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So its FINALLY time for me to buy a Playstation........

kingofwale said:
hey, if you want to buy Sony's cow machine.. the one that milks sony most money. Go ahead and buy PS2

;)

Lol.  As I told Mafoo, I'll be buying the Ps2 second hand.  Nothing in it for Sony

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Get FFX instead of FFXII. IT is a far better game. Could get FFXII if you wish, but X is better imo.

There possibility, that by October, all 40GB models will have full BC, you should wait till E3`08 atleast, maybe there will be some announcements. =)

+IF you have HD TV, then PS2 games on PS3 will look better on that tv. If you have SD TV, then it doesn`t matter. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Thats a very smart move. I was going to buy a Playstation 2 this summer, until I realized a Sega Saturn was cheaper. I will buy one though... sometime. May be once they reatil for $69.99 and are about to be discontinued lol.

CrazzyMan said:

There possibility, that by October, all 40GB models will have full BC, you should wait till E3`08 atleast, maybe there will be some announcements. =)

+IF you have HD TV, then PS2 games on PS3 will look better on that tv. If you have SD TV, then it doesn`t matter. =)

I have an HD TV.  The issue is this.  I need games to play starting late next week and for a month after that.

What I might do is see if I can borrow a PS2 for this month from a friend.  If I can do that, I wont have to pay for something that could later become debunked by the avaliablity of a BC PS3. 

It could go like this:

-Now:  Borrow PS2

-Christmas Holidays:  Play uber 360 line-up and some of the best looking Wii titles.

-Early to mid-next year:  Pick up a PS3 with full BC allowing me to play games I didn't get to in the coming month, play some of the medium quality PS3 titles that have gone past, and hopefully by then play GoW3 and Heavy Rain.

I don't know.  I'll try to borrow a PS2.  But if I can't I'll buy one, I cant have nothing to play in my holiday other than NG2.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Starcraft confirms he is bored of the 360 library?

starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
hey, if you want to buy Sony's cow machine.. the one that milks sony most money. Go ahead and buy PS2

;)

Lol. As I told Mafoo, I'll be buying the Ps2 second hand. Nothing in it for Sony

Kinda like me buying a modded Wii and give nothing back? ;)

Well, the person selling it could be upgrading to PS3.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:

I have an HD TV.  The issue is this.  I need games to play starting late next week and for a month after that.

What I might do is see if I can borrow a PS2 for this month from a friend.  If I can do that, I wont have to pay for something that could later become debunked by the avaliablity of a BC PS3. 

It could go like this:

-Christmas Holidays:  Play uber 360 line-up and some of the best looking Wii titles.

-Early to mid-next year:  Pick up a PS3 with full BC allowing me to play games I didn't get to in the coming month, play some of the medium quality PS3 titles that have gone past, and hopefully by then play GoW3 and Heavy Rain.

I don't know.  I'll try to borrow a PS2.  But if I can't I'll buy one, I cant have nothing to play in my holiday other than NG2.

Ahh, I thought this was a real post. I now realize it's a sly way to be a 360 fanboy troll. Good job, you had a lot of us going.

Make sure when you send off your hours to MS for your paycheck, you include this thread. It's bonus material.

starcraft said:
In Australia, there are no PS3's with BC available. They only sell the 40GB. Even after accounting for tax differences, the 40GB costs about $US600 here.

My oh my, I got a 60gb here in the US for $500 + tax and I thought it was expensive. Now I see where you are coming from Starcraft because I won't even buy a 40gb for $250. BC was the single most important reason I got a PS3!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:

It could go like this:

Ahh, I thought this was a real post. I now realize it's a sly way to be a 360 fanboy troll. Good job, you had a lot of us going.

Make sure when you send off your hours to MS for your paycheck, you include this thread. It's bonus material.

lol. A bit paranoid aren't you? Talk about reading meaning into a text.

Funny!!