By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 V.S. Forza 3

kanariya said:

Forza might be a good game, but it's no simulation like GT.

Any true racing fans or racers would prefer GT5 because the simulation experience.
You can't even get the true driving experience with Forza.
Wait if you say you can, how? with the controller? or with the crap 240 degree paddle shift only MS wheel?

On top of the accessory support. GT5 refined the physics to a new level with how the cars handle and react individually. The engine sounds of each cars. There are numerous articles out there quoting professional racers get very close times in GT5P with the same track in the same car than in their real life performance.

So far the only things GT5 lack are damage to enhance the level of simulation and a good online support.

The person who said GT5 is more arcadey than Forza doesn't know what he was talking about. Try to drive a Ford GT in Professional mode with the G25, that's a freaking beast to handle.

Both are unrealistic!

Around the Network

Well, given both games aren't out but based on the evidence:

1) GT will pretty easily outsell Forza unless something huge changes between now and release

2) GT will be a better simulator of driving and tuning the car but I take its damage simulation as untested

3) Forza will offer a good balance between simulation and ease of use and have good damage simulation

If you love Forza I'm afraid you need to accept the fact that GT5 is likely to see far superior sales and due to a much larger user base there will be more people backing GT5 than Forza as the best car simulator.

That's life I'm afraid.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

So the consensus is GT.

/thread?

The thing is most people in this thread don't seem to understand what racing sim means. Imagine a flight sim where you can't crash your plane on a landing. That doesn't really simulate the real thing then does it? Now we have a racing sim where you can crash into other cars on every turn and not see any real effects from it. People don't race like that in real life but it is simulated that way in GT. So far Forza has been the better sim out of the 2. You can't argue that at all because it's not opinion, it's fact. It was like Madden against 2K football. People claimed Madden was more realistic when you could slap a guy in the thigh and high would flip forwards for 5 more yards. You couldn't break tackles or even get tackled by more than one person. Yet it happens in real life and you could do it all in the 2K games.

What we are seeing now is what I like to call the Madden effect. GT is the more popular game known the world over. There are racing enthusiasts that only know Gran Tourismo. Most of them won't give anything new a chance and declare GT king. I was was one of those people for a while until my 3rd PS2 died and I just gamed more on my Xbox & Gamecube. I was going to buy another PS2 just for GT4 but then I tried out Forza and when I saw how far behind GT was compared to it I couldn't go backwards. It didn't have my Escudo that you could hug the wall with and win every race. Instead you had to really learn to tune your car and race properly the whole way through. There was no one super cheesy car that you could use to dominate every race once unlocked. It also had little extra features that just made you wonder why no one thought of it sooner.

Forza was a great racing sim, especially for a first try at the genre. Forza 2 may not have had the huge graphical leap over it's predecessor but it added a shitload of features that haven't even been thought of by Polyphony yet. The sad thing is most of you don't know this and really don't care because you probably don't have a 360. It's ok though because it's your loss!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I used to be a big GT fan, and I played GT3 so often that its probably the reason my first PS2 died. I looked forward to GT4 like nothing else, but then once I got the game I realized that it wasn't a real improvement over 3. It just had more cars. Since then I've realized that the GT series hasn't changed, but the rest of the gaming industry has moved on. They add cars and improve graphics, but core problems with the game remain unchanged, and what features they do implement are poorly done like online.

Other than that Toasty Jaguar is right. Neither is a perfect racing sim, although Forza is better in that regard.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:

Both are unrealistic!

In some ways, you're right. If you compare GT4 with Forza2.
I agree GT4 was kind of a disappointment.

I do glad Sony and Nissan are hosting event like GT Academy to bring virtual to reality.

http://www.granturismoworld.com/en/gt_academy/gt_academy_home/index.htm

Both games blow balls.

rocketpig said:
The amount of stupidity in this thread continues to baffle me. Many of you base your opinion on name, not reality.

Read: If you don't think Forza is better, you're stupid!

This thread is has quickly turned so ugly. I've always liked GT as I've never owned an XBOX, so I really cannot say much on the issue here

Ugh, you people just don't get it. I'm not calling anyone stupid for liking GT better, I'm calling people stupid for discounting Forza when the majority of people in this thread probably haven't even played it.

Like I said earlier, both games have their strengths and weaknesses.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

FORZA3 better graphics

LOL

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p229/RacingJacko/Forza%202%20Central%20News/Bild2.jpg
http://ch.playstation.com/media/97633/GT5_Prologue_hero.jpg

forza looks better? This is debatable for the first person tracks but completely laughable for the cars. The cars in Gran Turismo look like the real thing the Forza cars like some shiny comic cars. (not bad but ... )

Since this is the most important thing for GT lovers Forza can go cry in a corner. The only reason it has this many sales is because GT isn't available on Xbox.