By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 V.S. Forza 3

Me and rocketpig had that same debate about damage, I for one think games should stop trying to be realistic. Realism ruins games. If I wanted to realism I'd take my car out. If I wanted to have the effect in recoil while shooting a firearm I'd join the army. A game is suppose to be fun not discouraging.

And I agree with fila unrealistic damage doesnt make it more realistic...

"If that was the case then GT5P wouldn't have sold 2.2+ million."

2.23 and that was 2 months ago.

Around the Network

Honestly, having played (and disliked [because I dislike realistic racing games]) many games across both series I can say that whether you like one game over the other is probably more of an issue of personal taste than true quality of the game ... Gran Turismo 5 will certainly sell more because it is a better known series, that is more respected, mainly because it is a much older series that has been released on much higher profile platforms and has consistently received high praise.

Forza will be on two disks, lol. The xbox is an outdated system, there is no comparison. GT5 will be the best racing game ever made.

PooperScooper said:
Me and rocketpig had that same debate about damage, I for one think games should stop trying to be realistic. Realism ruins games. If I wanted to realism I'd take my car out. If I wanted to have the effect in recoil while shooting a firearm I'd join the army. A game is suppose to be fun not discouraging.

So you'd just air-freight your Ferrari to Silverstone with 7 of your Ferrari-owning buddies and hit the track?  And somehow it would only take an hour or two out of your weekend?

Sarcasm aside, the point of realistic games is to allow you to do things that are impractical in the real world.  Maybe you want that experience of thrashing around the Nurburgring in a race-built touring car without having to live in Germany and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, and without the risk of an incredibly violent crash when you hit the curb a little wrong at 170 mph.

demon123 said:

Forza will be on two disks, lol. The xbox is an outdated system, there is no comparison. GT5 will be the best racing game ever made.

hmmmm lengthy game install times or disc swap.

They are both ridiculous.

Around the Network
Entroper said:
PooperScooper said:

So you'd just air-freight your Ferrari to Silverstone with 7 of your Ferrari-owning buddies and hit the track?  And somehow it would only take an hour or two out of your weekend?

Sarcasm aside, the point of realistic games is to allow you to do things that are impractical in the real world.  Maybe you want that experience of thrashing around the Nurburgring in a race-built touring car without having to live in Germany and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, and without the risk of an incredibly violent crash when you hit the curb a little wrong at 170 mph.

Who said anything about ferrari... 3000GT and my max speed is 125mph sure it aint on a track and sure it aint as fast as it can go and sure it aint the fastest car but that is a shit load more real than playing on a console.

I've just found some info that Forza 3 will infact be on 1 disc.

The fact is, no one knows if it will be on 2 discs but this source seems fairly reliable so yeh...

http://theangrypixel.com/blog/2008/06/22/rumor-forza-3-is-coming-sans-disc-swapping/

ToastyJaguar said:
I've just found some info that Forza 3 will infact be on 1 disc.

The fact is, no one knows if it will be on 2 discs but this source seems fairly reliable so yeh...

http://theangrypixel.com/blog/2008/06/22/rumor-forza-3-is-coming-sans-disc-swapping/

What makes this source reliable? Though I do hope that it is in fact on one disc.

The source is from a company that helps with 3d-assets on the Forza games.

If that is true then i see that as reliable.

How reliable is the source that said Forza 3 will be on 2 discs?

Rock_on_2008 said:
PGR 4 was better than Forza 2. So Forza 3 will be a slight visual improvement over PGR 4. Forza 3 will look ok for a 360 game. PS3 games however have the graphical edge over the 360 games.

Bahahaha! So many stupid post on one place!

PGR 4 is the best arcade game so far! (I don't played GRID yet. I will buy it later)

Forza 2 is the best car simulation game so far!

I will admit GT5P has better graphics...but if you try to argue that GT5P has better physics, AI, gameplay and realism than FM2 then you obviously have no idea how real cars handle.
Until GT5 is out FM2 is the king! Keep dreaming PS fanboys, keep dreaming. 2009 will come some day.