By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 V.S. Forza 3

BrayanA said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
PGR 4 was better than Forza 2. So Forza 3 will be a slight visual improvement over PGR 4. Forza 3 will look ok for a 360 game. PS3 games however have the graphical edge over the 360 games.

Bahahaha! So many stupid post on one place!

PGR 4 is the best arcade game so far! (I don't played GRID yet. I will buy it later)

Forza 2 is the best car simulation game so far!

I will admit GT5P has better graphics...but if you try to argue that GT5P has better physics, AI, gameplay and realism than FM2 then you obviously have no idea how real cars handle.
Until GT5 is out FM2 is the king! Keep dreaming PS fanboys, keep dreaming. 2009 will come some day.

Sounds like you know how cars handle on the track.
Wait, have you ever been to the track? And drive the car to the limit on the track?
If you're that into racing, you can live with driving a car with a controller? or an arcade 240' wheel? You can't even drive with a stick + clutch in Forza.
I find it funny that you can claim Forza has better physics and realismby driving with a CONTROLLER, or the ARCADE MS WHEEL.

I won't argue about the AI. Forza has it better than GT4, but GT5P's AI has been improved a lot.
But in terms of graphic, physics, and realism, GT5P got the upper hand.

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
BrayanA said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
PGR 4 was better than Forza 2. So Forza 3 will be a slight visual improvement over PGR 4. Forza 3 will look ok for a 360 game. PS3 games however have the graphical edge over the 360 games.

PGR 4 is the best arcade game so far! (I don't played GRID yet. I will buy it later)

I will admit GT5P has better graphics...but if you try to argue that GT5P has better physics, AI, gameplay and realism than FM2 then you obviously have no idea how real cars handle.
Until GT5 is out FM2 is the king! Keep dreaming PS fanboys, keep dreaming. 2009 will come some day.

If FM2 handles anything like FM, then I'll stick with GT for my car physics and racing simulation thanks.

Soo ... you admit that you never played FM 2. This only proves rocketpig words.

PooperScooper said:
Entroper said:
PooperScooper said:
Me and rocketpig had that same debate about damage, I for one think games should stop trying to be realistic. Realism ruins games. If I wanted to realism I'd take my car out. If I wanted to have the effect in recoil while shooting a firearm I'd join the army. A game is suppose to be fun not discouraging.

So you'd just air-freight your Ferrari to Silverstone with 7 of your Ferrari-owning buddies and hit the track?  And somehow it would only take an hour or two out of your weekend?

Sarcasm aside, the point of realistic games is to allow you to do things that are impractical in the real world.  Maybe you want that experience of thrashing around the Nurburgring in a race-built touring car without having to live in Germany and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, and without the risk of an incredibly violent crash when you hit the curb a little wrong at 170 mph.

Who said anything about ferrari... 3000GT and my max speed is 125mph sure it aint on a track and sure it aint as fast as it can go and sure it aint the fastest car but that is a shit load more real than playing on a console.

Unfortunately, the tickets, smashed up cars, injuries, and possible deaths are a lot more real, as well.

I do this stuff IRL too, but keep it off the public roads.  Autocross in my Miata is a lot more fun than any racing game, but I can only do it a few times a year, and it costs $40 for a few minutes worth of racing and takes up an entire Sunday.  I can pop in GT whenever I want.

I also think GT5 would sell more, but I don't know which one would be better since I never played either series

BrayanA said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
BrayanA said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

If FM2 handles anything like FM, then I'll stick with GT for my car physics and racing simulation thanks.

Soo ... you admit that you never played FM 2. This only proves rocketpig words.

I haven't played any racing sims this generation, but I have played both FM and GT1-4 and from my experiend GT handles better and has better car physics than FM. Of course I'm not gonna try to compare FM2 to GT5P as I have played neither I'm just comparing the series based on the games that I've played.

Around the Network
Entroper said:
PooperScooper said:
Entroper said:
PooperScooper said:
Me and rocketpig had that same debate about damage, I for one think games should stop trying to be realistic. Realism ruins games. If I wanted to realism I'd take my car out. If I wanted to have the effect in recoil while shooting a firearm I'd join the army. A game is suppose to be fun not discouraging.

So you'd just air-freight your Ferrari to Silverstone with 7 of your Ferrari-owning buddies and hit the track? And somehow it would only take an hour or two out of your weekend?

Sarcasm aside, the point of realistic games is to allow you to do things that are impractical in the real world. Maybe you want that experience of thrashing around the Nurburgring in a race-built touring car without having to live in Germany and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, and without the risk of an incredibly violent crash when you hit the curb a little wrong at 170 mph.

Who said anything about ferrari... 3000GT and my max speed is 125mph sure it aint on a track and sure it aint as fast as it can go and sure it aint the fastest car but that is a shit load more real than playing on a console.

Unfortunately, the tickets, smashed up cars, injuries, and possible deaths are a lot more real, as well.

I do this stuff IRL too, but keep it off the public roads. Autocross in my Miata is a lot more fun than any racing game, but I can only do it a few times a year, and it costs $40 for a few minutes worth of racing and takes up an entire Sunday. I can pop in GT whenever I want.

If you're saying what I think you're saying then I agree with you, I want my racing sim as realistic as possible and if crashes are included then I want it realistic, even though some might say that won't be fun (and they're right) hence the reason why I say GT5 needs to have at least 2 (ideally 3) types of damages and game modes.

kanariya said:
BrayanA said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Wait, have you ever been to the track? And drive the car to the limit on the track?
If you're that into racing, you can live with driving a car with a controller? or an arcade 240' wheel? You can't even drive with a stick + clutch in Forza.
I find it funny that you can claim Forza has better physics and realismby driving with a CONTROLLER, or the ARCADE MS WHEEL.

I won't argue about the AI. Forza has it better than GT4, but GT5P's AI has been improved a lot, but didn't match FM2.

Fixed

BrayanA said:
kanariya said:
BrayanA said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

I won't argue about the AI. Forza has it better than GT4, but GT5P's AI has been improved a lot, but didn't match FM2.

Fixed

sorry, modifying my comment won't change my opinion.

anyways, you can go back and play your best sim racer with ur controller.

kanariya said:
BrayanA said:
kanariya said:
BrayanA said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Fixed

sorry, modifying my comment won't change my opinion.

anyways, you can go back and play your best sim racer with ur controller.

Don't get me wrong. FM2 is not a real world realistic racing game, but is more realistic then GT5P.

You will get same damage from 40 km/h and 80 km/h crash, but GT5P don't have even this. You can't break your window, but at least you will crack it. The list go on and on. Overall FM2 is more realistic then GT5P. Like it or not.

I know I can't change your opinion, cos you are looking only behind your PS fanboy's glasses, but people with no console preferences will make the difference.

ToastyJaguar said:
I've just found some info that Forza 3 will infact be on 1 disc.

The fact is, no one knows if it will be on 2 discs but this source seems fairly reliable so yeh...

http://theangrypixel.com/blog/2008/06/22/rumor-forza-3-is-coming-sans-disc-swapping/

If it is shipping on 1 disc then it would be gauranteed that GT5 will have more content, and probably look better thanks less compression.