By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 V.S. Forza 3

Which is the better game is wholly based on opinions.

Which one is going to sell better? GT5, no doubts.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Around the Network
Musouka said:

Actually it depends on the relative quality of the games, the relative userbases at the time and whether or not one or both of them are bundled. I would hardly say its a forgone conclusion which one will sell better relative to the other.

Tease.

You know i liked forza motorsport, only downside is, when you drive into a wall of tires, you bounce back like a frikking pinball or something.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

I have not played either series, and don't really intend to.

But 1 thing is guaranteed, and that is that GT5 will dominate in sales. Will probaly be the highest selling game ever for PS3.

BrayanA said:
kanariya said:
BrayanA said:
kanariya said:
BrayanA said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
PGR 4 was better than Forza 2. So Forza 3 will be a slight visual improvement over PGR 4. Forza 3 will look ok for a 360 game. PS3 games however have the graphical edge over the 360 games.

Bahahaha! So many stupid post on one place!

PGR 4 is the best arcade game so far! (I don't played GRID yet. I will buy it later)

Forza 2 is the best car simulation game so far!

I will admit GT5P has better graphics...but if you try to argue that GT5P has better physics, AI, gameplay and realism than FM2 then you obviously have no idea how real cars handle.
Until GT5 is out FM2 is the king! Keep dreaming PS fanboys, keep dreaming. 2009 will come some day.

Sounds like you know how cars handle on the track.
Wait, have you ever been to the track? And drive the car to the limit on the track?
If you're that into racing, you can live with driving a car with a controller? or an arcade 240' wheel? You can't even drive with a stick + clutch in Forza.
I find it funny that you can claim Forza has better physics and realismby driving with a CONTROLLER, or the ARCADE MS WHEEL.

I won't argue about the AI. Forza has it better than GT4, but GT5P's AI has been improved a lot, but didn't match FM2.
But in terms of graphic, physics, and realism, GT5P got the upper hand.

Fixed

sorry, modifying my comment won't change my opinion.

anyways, you can go back and play your best sim racer with ur controller.

Don't get me wrong. FM2 is not a real world realistic racing game, but is more realistic then GT5P.

You will get same damage from 40 km/h and 80 km/h crash, but GT5P don't have even this. You can't break your window, but at least you will crack it. The list go on and on. Overall FM2 is more realistic then GT5P. Like it or not.

I know I can't change your opinion, cos you are looking only behind your PS fanboy's glasses, but people with no console preferences will make the difference.

So because he has an opinion about that he thinks GT5P is better he is automatticaly a ps fanboy?

Weird, i like GT5P better, OH NOEZZZZZ I IS A FANBOY noW!!!

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network
BrayanA said:

Don't get me wrong. FM2 is not a real world realistic racing game, but is more realistic then GT5P.

You will get same damage from 40 km/h and 80 km/h crash, but GT5P don't have even this. You can't break your window, but at least you will crack it. The list go on and on. Overall FM2 is more realistic then GT5P. Like it or not.

I know I can't change your opinion, cos you are looking only behind your PS fanboy's glasses, but people with no console preferences will make the difference.

All you're saying is FM2 has better damage than GT. If you're racing a sim like you're playing NFS, you better just stay with NFS or GRID and do those fancy crashes.

You know racing a sim racer is about getting the best lap time, driving the best line, but not having the most damage right?

If you're racing like how you should be in real world, you shouldn't be even getting damaged.

I would like to hear more about how does Forza's physics better than GT5P's.
And how do you tell it that way with a controller?

It sounds like you know more than us with your quote "If anyone thinks GT5P has better physics than FM2, they don't know how cars handle in the real world."

It seems like the only factor you rated FM2 has better gamplay than GT is the damage. In that matter, GRID and Burnout are better than both FM and GT. Does it make it a better sim? Shit no.

Squilliam said:
Musouka said:

Actually it depends on the relative quality of the games, the relative userbases at the time and whether or not one or both of them are bundled. I would hardly say its a forgone conclusion which one will sell better relative to the other.

I agree with all your points except on the available evidence it probably is a foregone conclusion that Gt5 will sell more than Forza 3.  I might not sell way more due to the points you mention, but if GT5:P (6 tracks!) can sell 2M vs 3.8 M or whatever for Forza 2 full game then its going to take a massive shift in purchasing patterns for Forza 3 to have any chance of selling more.

Personally I think PS3 and 360 fans should just be glad both platforms seem to be well served with good racing games (be the arcade, sim or something in the middle).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I just got finished playing the Forza2 demo on the 360, my first impressions were pretty good becasue it opened with some cgi video. But that ended all too soon and i was faced with in-game graphics, which i must say look very dated and ugly, the cars and the track also have a very odd feel to them, they look like they are cell-shaded in some parts.

So i picked a car and went to the race, the match started off very good with me jumping to second place by the first corner only to be rammed from behind and sent off the track. So i restarted the matach and had this happen many times over the course of 1hour while playing the demo. The Ai overall seems to be worse then GT.

The cars sounded ok, but the sound in the game never changed when i tryed to draft behind cars, which is very odd when i'm going over 100mph. The game also suffered from a major problem, i never felt like i was driving the car, it just felt like playing a game, i never had this problem when playing GT5p.

The cars also handled very odd, they seem to be using sport tires and not racing tires so the cars felt very loose on the track. There appears to be noway to change this in the demo.

The crashes are also a joke, i was smashed by other cars all the time and very little damage ever happened, and whenever i would ram the other cars 90% of the time no damage was found on the front end of my car.

I'll post more later after i have played the game for a few more hours.

stop being stupid and putting Mario kart on here, the forum says gt5 or forza 3

No idea whats better. I've played both a little and they aren't my cup of tea (give me diddy kong racing any day!) but, in regards to sales I think that GT5 will outsell F3 unless F3 is bundled like it was last time, even then I would put my money on GT5. I wouldn't be surprised if GT5 is the best selling ps3 game aswell for one main reason. The ps3 is strongest in europe, which is where racing games sell the best, plus its still got some presence in Japan. And due to the ps3 bigger userbase in Europe then the 360, plus the GT brand name I think that GT5 will easily outsell forza. Quality wise they're going to be similar.