By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 V.S. Forza 3

Kurakasa said:
Which one was the game you could just drive straight ahead and bump in to walls and still finish the race?

FilaBrasileiro said:

I actually think Forza has better customization and of course better damage model, physics handling though GT is better IMO. What makes GT maybe seems like it's a sim is because of the lack of damage and so because of that we get the infamous bumper cars.

Around the Network

PGR 4 was better than Forza 2. So Forza 3 will be a slight visual improvement over PGR 4. Forza 3 will look ok for a 360 game. PS3 games however have the graphical edge over the 360 games.

Rock_on_2008 said:
PGR 4 was better than Forza 2. So Forza 3 will be a slight visual improvement over PGR 4. Forza 3 will look ok for a 360 game. PS3 games however have the graphical edge over the 360 games.

You just keep on going. The PS3 always has the edge, no matter what. And listen to Rock_on for the details, because he knows them all.

The funny thing is that you don't even own a PS3, you just sit there at home on well-fare money dreaming of all these games lol.

Gran Turismo 5 will almost certainly sell more copies. But Its a toss up which will be the better game. I thought Forza 2 had more realistic AI in my opinion, but I liked the # of cars in GT4.

Forza 2 was a great game (90% overall on Metacritic)

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932731.asp?q=Forza

GT4 was also great (89% overall on Metacritic)

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/561066.asp?q=Gran%20Turismo

Systems Owned (in order of purchase)

NES, Genesis, SNES, N64, Xbox, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 3

GT.

Forza is so terrible it's not even a joke how bad it is in comparison.

MGS4!

Around the Network
Q_A_X said:
GT.

Forza is so terrible it's not even a joke how bad it is in comparison.

I know, it's funny because it's quite good in comparison!

Sales is obvious GT5 will be PS3's best selling game this gen. The online area needs serious work though. GT5 needs rooms that you can invite friends to andvoice chat. I have to time entering a race over the phone with my pal. It always gets us in the same race but its a ballache, not to mention my big phone bill. Apparently these features are arriving in the fall though so then my rant will look silly.
GT prologue is amazing other than these stone age niggles.

Ynwa.

It seems this isn't a game comparison, its a system comparison.

Halo V Resistance

Gears V Killzone

Forza V GT5

It seems the peoples system preferences colour their perspectives on the games available on the competing systems.

Haze is > than this thread.

Tease.

Forza might be a good game, but it's no simulation like GT.

Any true racing fans or racers would prefer GT5 because the simulation experience.
You can't even get the true driving experience with Forza.
Wait if you say you can, how? with the controller? or with the crap 240 degree paddle shift only MS wheel?

On top of the accessory support. GT5 refined the physics to a new level with how the cars handle and react individually. The engine sounds of each cars. There are numerous articles out there quoting professional racers get very close times in GT5P with the same track in the same car than in their real life performance.

So far the only things GT5 lack are damage to enhance the level of simulation and a good online support.

The person who said GT5 is more arcadey than Forza doesn't know what he was talking about. Try to drive a Ford GT in Professional mode with the G25, that's a freaking beast to handle.

Slimebeast said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

You just keep on going. The PS3 always has the edge, no matter what. And listen to Rock_on for the details, because he knows them all.

The funny thing is that you don't even own a PS3, you just sit there at home on well-fare money dreaming of all these games lol.

Slimeface trolling again. I do not let  you get to me.