By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 to beat PS2 LTD sales says sony

leo-j said:
Well I just found something very strange, vgchartz indicates that the PS3 is 1 million units behind the ps2 at the same time frame in europe, yet SONY say that in europe the ps3 is selling faster than the ps2 at the same time frame.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii®1=Europe&cons2=PS3®2=Europe&cons3=PS2®3=Europe&weeks=156

To Sony Europe is Middle East, Africa and Europe.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Why does vgchartz have the PS3 behind the ps2? If sony has the PS3 ahead of the ps2.

I'm sorry where in the OP did it state exactly which countries Sony are reffering to, where did it state a specific set of dates for them to base "growing faster" upon.

That's right, it didn't, which means you cannot just slap on whichever scenario you think is likely.

While I cannot predict whether the PS3 will eventually outsell the PS2 in Europe (I am doubtful, but it is the only region it could manage it in). You cannot take anything from this article to claim the PS3 sales on VGC are wrong, because there is nothing in there to base it on.
Hell for all we know he could be saying that the PS3 "grew" faster from last week than the PS2 did at the same point, which as MGS4 just released I am really not suprised.

I think I speak for everyone in this forum if I congratulate CrazzyMan for getting his dream job at Sony!!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

man that guy should do stand up hes really funny

I am not sure I agree with his predictions

Around the Network

This is dreaming.

leo-j said:
Why does vgchartz have the PS3 behind the ps2? If sony has the PS3 ahead of the ps2.

in your post sony never said that the ps3 was ahead of the ps2.  they said that,"The ps3 instal bas is growiing fast than that of the ps2 at this point in it's life cycle" which means that they are comparing the slopes of the lines not the actual values.  basically they are ignoring the "bad start" the ps3 had and saying that there are more ps3s sold per day right now then there were ps2s sold per day when you align launches.

kitler53 said:
leo-j said:

in your post sony never said that the ps3 was ahead of the ps2. they said that,"The ps3 instal bas is growiing fast than that of the ps2 at this point in it's life cycle" which means that they are comparing the slopes of the lines not the actual values. basically they are ignoring the "bad start" the ps3 had and saying that there are more ps3s sold per day right now then there were ps2s sold per day when you align launches.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Welcome to Marketing Speak 101. Take nothing for granted and examine every word.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

kitler53 said:
leo-j said:

in your post sony never said that the ps3 was ahead of the ps2.  they said that,"The ps3 instal bas is growiing fast than that of the ps2 at this point in it's life cycle" which means that they are comparing the slopes of the lines not the actual values.  basically they are ignoring the "bad start" the ps3 had and saying that there are more ps3s sold per day right now then there were ps2s sold per day when you align launches.

Thats not what they said at there gamers day.

In any case this is interesting.

mM

i doubt ps3 will even make to 1/2 ps2 userbase since it doesn't appeal to casual gamers, but only core audience similar to xbox family. since pc can handle better graphics than ps3 i can't see this happening(graphics was the only advantage of ps360 and since they are getting same games like pc i think that ps360 will manage to get about 85-90mln userbase combined)