By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOCOM: Confrontation (System Seller?)

This is more of a question (I've been reading here for a few months just never posted).

I know quite a few people (including my roommate) who have sold, or are selling, their 360 for a PS3 just for SOCOM... Yet I rarely see SOCOM listed as a game that people are waiting for on this site. To me SOCOM is the only game left in this years lineup that I actually care about at all as far as shooters go. KZ2 and R2 aren't really big to me personally.

To further my question is the fact that a lot of people still play Socom 2 on ps2 online... and 3 even I believe... When my roommate would play COD4 of Xbox Live he'd talk to people that he played Socom with, or that played Socom all the time that were waiting for it to come out...

So the final question is, is SOCOM: Confrontation being overlooked for some reason on this site, to me it seems like a HUGE exclusive later on this year, and just wondered why it's seldom talked about.

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network

I dunno....never played a SOCOM game....but apparently it has a hardcore fanbase

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Socom has been enjoy pretty big cult following amounts some Sony fans, I personally have no idea why, but a few friends of mine told me they'd buy PS3 for this game (more than those who told me and bought PS3 for MGS4)

a System seller? NOT really, but it will sell better than... say, a non-name title.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
Socom has been enjoy pretty big cult following amounts some Sony fans, I personally have no idea why, but a few friends of mine told me they'd buy PS3 for this game (more than those who told me and bought PS3 for MGS4)

a System seller? NOT really, but it will sell better than... say, a non-name title.

Wait, isn't that the definition of a system seller?  A game that will sell a system by itself?

I use the word "System Seller" basically as a way to say it will provide a nice boost in sales for a short period of time.

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network

I dont know . SOCCOM was never in my top 100 games of all list ... I dont know whats the hype around it , but then many dont know whats the hype around GoW ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well is PSN title enough to move systems? When will real Socom come?

WiiStation360 said:
kingofwale said:

Wait, isn't that the definition of a system seller? A game that will sell a system by itself?

it has to do with HOW MUCH of a boost your console will see... 800% boost like MGS4 in Japan? no way, but you will probably see 10-20% boost

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I mean the series took a downward turn with 3, and 2 did did sell less than the first one.. But there appears to be a lot of people wanting this one.. It's one of the most active forums on gamebattles and it hasn't even come out yet... It won't have MGS4 numbers but I think it should at least be mentioned as one of the better exclusives this year on PS3, and it's definitely a selling point in this generation of shooter/shooter/shooter gamer mentality.

Well it will also release on Blu-ray. When Sony fans mention fall line-up they almost every time forgot this game which may surprise us with sales. It will depend on how hardcore Socom fanbase is.