By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lost Winds was as huge success, says developer in interview ;)

Everyone forgetting here that Wii's userbase was growing in rapid rate, which means 27 million userbase was only the beginning, after a year the Wii userbase was too many even a small developer without proper advertising on their game can make a profit just like on the DS... Even on Wiiware.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Yes, but to the average user get the knowledge of what WiiWare is, and what it offers, there must be advertising and marketing, and that's exactly what I and the guy in the interview were saying =)

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Well wiiware was in its infancy and so far there are many people downloading wiiware games already so what seem to be the problem?

What wiiware developers must do now was be patient on what Ninty will do next. I know Ninty only testing the waters here before they heavily advertised it, and theres still the storage solution Ninty is working on, so wiiware developers shouldnt rush on these.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

well we can expect a sequel for this game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
I think the developers wants more than that, I think this is a sign of whats to come. They want this to be  a franchise not only in Wiiware, this is more of a demo/advertising game than anything elese

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network
brute said:

the sequel is already confirmed.

They have done it without me lol, I still have to download this game.

^i will also download this game too,and help it out,also cause its a great game

Is this the best selling WiiWare WW? If it is that's a HUGE accomplishment, because Pokemon ranch has sold more than 50k units in Japan and who knows how much in the US.

Im glad for the team, they should keep on developing great titles for WiiWare or maybe even retail ;)

This team, Luc Bernard and High Voltage are three examples of how games for the Wii should be made even with a small budget + small number of people, and further proves my point about Ubisoft, a big company with a lot of people woking for it and a lot of history on the market, being the worst developer on Wii so far.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

^well i think pokemon ranch might have outsold it by now since it jsut released