By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want a Criket game for the Wii!

I really wish cricket expanded around the world to more countries. But currently, dont expect to see it in the US for those who want it.

MK License

SSBB-2878-9454-7353. Main-Kirby        PM me if you want to be added.

Around the Network

i think alot of people think its similar to baseball and thats why its not that popular

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

a criket game would be interesting...

supermario128 said:
What's so great about Cricket, just play baseball, or is it totally different?

argh NO! burn the heretic! NO Cricket is not like baseball, its about a million times better!

hsrob said:
I'd be in that. Brings back memories of summer holidays when i was in school, watching a test match, nothing interesting happening so we'd pop in (forget the name)cricket game on the NES?SNES, it was epic. Add the Wii-mote and some cold beers, epicness all over again.

ahh international cricket for the nes........ Now that brings back memories!!

Around the Network

Cricket is the worst sport in existence >_>

^Well, if they use Twenty20 rules for the game, then it might have a slight chance. But I won't bank on it!

Far too few video game loving countries love cricket as well. I mean, West Indies?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

how s cricket played?

I want a cricket game, I still ocassionally play Cricket 2007. The only issue with balance board is that your step would be far greater than the size of the balance board

Played with bat and ball like baseball, but bowlers (pitchers) take a running start and use an overhand motion rather than a throwing motion.  The ball is usually bounced to the batsman.  There is no foul territory and once the ball is hit into play the batsman does not have to run, he choses when it's safe to do so.  The field is circular (or oval) and a ball reaching the edge on the bounce (like a ground rule double) scores four runs while one hit there on the fly (like a home run) scores six.  The batting team always sends two players to start an inning, and they will keep scoring runs until one of them is out, then another member from the same team will replace him/her.  Outs are made in somewhat similar ways to baseball (with bowled sort of equivalent to a strikeout. run out equivalent to being tagged or forced out, caught requires no explanation except fielders don't wear gloves).  There are a few more ways to make an out like handling the balll, hit wicket, and leg before wicket.  Since there are 11 players on each team 10 outs usually make an inning.  There are limited over matches  where an innning is done even if 10 outs are not made (an over is six pitches (balls in cricket lingo) by a single bowler, at which point a different bowler should bowl six more) at any give time therefore there are at least two active bowlers and exactly two active batsmen).  The team that scores the most runs  within the allotted number of innings will win.  Similar to baseball in several ways except for the pacing, tactics, and intricaies.  Since the ball is bounced there are many more different types of deliveries than just fastball, slider, cutter, curve, and splitter.  Since there is no foul groud, a batsman can chose to deflect rather than crush the ball to put it into play.  Since a batsman does not have to run after putting the ball in play, there can be defensive and offensive mided strokes depending on the situation.  A very different game, and a very interesting one.