By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First review of Alone in the dark kind of disappointment :( Wait for FF4

mesoteto said:
Garcian Smith said:
According to Eurogamer, the 360 version has many of the same problems. Looks like I'll be waiting for Silent Hill to get my horror fix...

or fatal frame

I'll probably rent Alone in the Dark (or buy it off the bargain bin when it gets there) but for sure I'm getting Fatal Frame.

Around the Network

well, i guess I'll get fatal frame lV instead.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Well I said it before can't really tell what thread it was though..

Damn. I really wanted this game to be good.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Hmm ...
+ Scary and atmospheric
+ Great storyline
+ Great puzzles
- Too many bugs/glitches
- It's simply not finished!

Looks like Wii version will be around 60/65% and XBOX 360 around 70/75%
At list music is good.

Around the Network

For anyone that played Alone in the Dark the New Nightmare, this is not shocking news. Someone should put Atari out of its misery.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

rocketpig said:
Damn. I really wanted this game to be good.

To be honest, this game was like that kid you knew from high school. You know, the one that was really bright and really looked like he could go somewhere if he'd just quit his pot habit and start saving for college. So you kept hoping that he'd do well in life, get that medical degree he always wanted, and fall in love with some beautiful woman. Only you ran into him ten years later and he's now living in a trailer park with his mail-order bride and mainlining coke off the bathroom mirror each night.

You can't help but be disappointed, even though you sort of knew it would happen.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

ItsaMii said:
For anyone that played Alone in the Dark the New Nightmare, this is not shocking news. Someone should put Atari out of its misery.

Seems like Atari is already working on that themselves.

Still, another crappy title for the Wii.  Yay...

Did anyone expect a good Wii game here? This was made for PS360 and PC first and foremost...lets wait for those reviews.

I actually have this pre-ordered for tomorrow - will give it a miss and maybe get NG2 instead. Gutted about that - didn't they realise how much Wii owners were willing this on and they could have had a decent chance of a fresh Wii IP.

Idiots.