By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First review of Alone in the dark kind of disappointment :( Wait for FF4

A shame but not unexpected. When was the last time Atari made a great game? DBZ has become decent, after numerous editions... but that's about it.

Apparently the 360 has lousy controls and various issues too so this isn't just a dump on Wii only. I wonder how bad the PS3 version had to be to be held back then?

Around the Network

Awww shit. I held out a hope that this would succeed.

Atari must want to die.

What a shame. I wanted this to be good. I really did.

I'll wait and see what others have to say, but this isn't a good start.

what i dissapointment!, i were going to buy this game on launh day, and now i'm not so sure(i don't even know if i will buy it, it depends on what other reviews says)

According to Eurogamer, the 360 version has many of the same problems. Looks like I'll be waiting for Silent Hill to get my horror fix...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
A shame but not unexpected. When was the last time Atari made a great game? DBZ has become decent, after numerous editions... but that's about it.

Apparently the 360 has lousy controls and various issues too so this isn't just a dump on Wii only. I wonder how bad the PS3 version had to be to be held back then?

it was really bad i was able to hunt up some screen shots...they are pretty rough so i can see why they were pulled

i mean how could you drive in a game like that......truely tragic

Garcian Smith said:
According to Eurogamer, the 360 version has many of the same problems. Looks like I'll be waiting for Silent Hill to get my horror fix...

or fatal frame

that's a real shame, the trailers looked quite nice and I loved the music in those trailers .. *sigh*

mesoteto said:
Garcian Smith said:

or fatal frame

Yep, that too. I might hold off on Fatal Frame, though, if only because I have yet to even finish the first game. (Working on it now; thank Jebus for Xbox 360 backwards compatibility saving me from having to pay $40 for the PS2 version.)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

mesoteto said:
Garcian Smith said:

or fatal frame

Or the PS3 version. 

But I like the FFIV answer better!