By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First review of Alone in the dark kind of disappointment :( Wait for FF4

I never had high hopes for it anyway. It didn't impress me, when I first saw it.

Around the Network
.:Dark Prince:. said:
I just got the game and it is indeed crap. Too bad, guess we'll have to wait for FF4 :/

Wasn't the game just released today? The 20th. So how did you get the game yesterday?

NJ5 said:
So why wasn't the Wii version delayed along with the PS3 one? Talk about disrespecting Wii owners...

What's new...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Well we could have expected it. I mean the first 4 games were OK at best not masterpieces and I don't even want to talk about the movie...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

scottie said:
The original post sounds like a glowing review

Positive
"a genuinely thrilling storyline" also "the mysterious storyline"
"Item combination is one of the game's strengths and independent control of your two arms (is good)"
"the amazing atmosphere"
"the satisfaction when you figure out the puzzles"
"the fantastic implementation of the Wii controls"

Negative
"Not being able to pick up an item that has a huge 'A' button prompt until you've turned around and looked at it from a different angle."
"the vehicle controls are awful"

Conclusion
"Alone In The Dark is an utter disappointment."

Wow, that's not the conclusion I would have made

You should add "bugs, glitches and general unfinishing" to the negative. That sor tof thing drags everything down. Let's say you have mario galaxy where you sometimes press jump only to find mario make only half the jump you intended? Or Mario would occasionally sink through the floor. Would it then still be that same amazing game, despite the awesome graphics, music, etc?

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

So, they've got everything right... except the controls part. Which, IMO, is the most important part of a game.
Did they go crazy spending and then not having enough to pay for programmers?

Boo - I was afraid of this. I just don't understand why Atari have rushed this - its the company utter death knell (if they weren't dead already).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099