By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Confirmed for E3

'08 release of FFXIII would be great, at least then UK might get it for Christmas '09.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

which should shed more light on the release timings
GREAT!
But now i am not sure, that the game will have simultaneous release...

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

It is high time we got to see some gameplay, I'm starting to think that even the core elements of this are not yet complete, which would be terrible news indeed.

i hope final fantasy 13 is released in the uk around march 2009, but its such a collosal game that sony and square will have to look at thier other releases so it doesnt clash with many other great titles out by then

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Jippi, hope they show gameplay and release is set for 08.

Around the Network

They've done something with FFXIII at most conferences for years now. Just watch: there will be no gameplay demo, and the release date will be pushed back to mid-09 for Japan with no US or international release dates mentioned.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

best thing that could happen for Sony is a Japanese release of FFXIII in december before the holiday sales

''Hadouken!''

this game is not going to be released anywhere in 2008.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

mabye there will be an early 2009 release or late 2008. if it is set to be released in late 2008, they should promote it now and make ads for it. Should they have a worldwide release?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

ameratsu said:
this game is not going to be released anywhere in 2008.

I agree but left the fans have the hope.