By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Dark Cloud 3 being developed for PS3 exclusively

Soriku said:
Beja-Beja said:
I played the first ine when to young to know what a hack and slash Rpg was but I really loved it but i never picked up the ssecond one cuz i neverknew there was a second one. How much sales does this series usually get anyway?

ioi has't really updated sales but Dark Cloud 1 sold 80k in Japan =/

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=3051

I'd think this game is more popular. I think it's probably more popular in the West though.

Dark Cloud is more popular in the West though DK2 or Dark Chronicle as it is known in Japan sold 250K in Japan and another 250K in America

Around the Network
papflesje said:
After the franchises "lost" to the Xbox, this would be a smart move, especially since they already have good ties to Level 5, which would make this an easier (cheaper) move for Sony.

a franchise lost is when it will never under any circumstances find its way onto the original platform.

ps3 hasnt lost any franchises, if your talking about so4. i can bet you that it will see light on ps3 6 months after 360 release

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Doesn't Sony own this franchise?

Onimusha12 said:
Doesn't Sony own this franchise?

According to this, yes.

Skeeuk said:
papflesje said:
After the franchises "lost" to the Xbox, this would be a smart move, especially since they already have good ties to Level 5, which would make this an easier (cheaper) move for Sony.

a franchise lost is when it will never under any circumstances find its way onto the original platform.

ps3 hasnt lost any franchises, if your talking about so4. i can bet you that it will see light on ps3 6 months after 360 release

Star Ocean is not technically a Sony franchise, it is a Square Enix franchise so PS3 release for SO4 is far from out of the question.

Around the Network

I saw this comming sooner or later.

This is nice news

I always thought Sony made DC themselves...

I only played a bit of the first game, but I liked it, so maybe I'll check this out. After all, L5, made Professor Layton

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

WHOAAAA... punch me, kick me, I must be dreaming!! Wiiiiih!!!

Okay, back on earth... of course its exclusive, Sony owns Dark Cloud, not Level 5. Same with White Knight Chronicles which is also being published by SCE, so we don't have to worry about M$ buying it away right from underneath our butts.

Really, if this is true, this makes it all good for me

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I liked the first two games, but the second one especially seemed to me like it had alot of neat ideas that weren't very well implemented. I really loved the idea of taking pictures and putting items together to invent things, but the system for it almost seemed random for what you would get out of it at points, and there wasn't any real freedom in it since there were only a certain number of predefined inventions possible. I would love a system that actually tries to make an item out of any crazy combination of crap I want to put together instead of me trying to guess at what else is on the predefined list.

Just my personal wish for the next one if this indeed is true.

Dark Chronicle/Cloud 2 was pretty good. Looking forward to this, actually.