By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Dark Cloud 3 being developed for PS3 exclusively

starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
I've never heard of Dark Cloud.

Was it really a Zelda knock-off? A good knock-off or a bad one?

If its any good it could be something to look into when I get a PS3 (a prospect that is back on the horizon now we know Versus is still being developed). Now all I need is Heavy Rain to have a kick-ass showing at E3.

I haven't played it but I have read up on it. It is nothing like zelda. Also DC2 got a 9/10 from IGN and gamespot, so definitely good. It is also being developed by Level 5, which pretty much guarantees it greatness.

This website doesn't have sales listed for DC2, and it only has Japan sales listed for DC (80k).  Does anyone know if it garnered mainstream appeal of any notable level?

The second one sold 250K in both Japan and NA. Don't know about Europe. Not massive, but not to shabby either. 

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I've never heard of Dark Cloud.

Was it really a Zelda knock-off? A good knock-off or a bad one?

If its any good it could be something to look into when I get a PS3 (a prospect that is back on the horizon now we know Versus is still being developed). Now all I need is Heavy Rain to have a kick-ass showing at E3.

It was compared to Zelda back when it came out, but in reality it is nothing like Zelda.  The combat and movements are far more restrictive, but there is a really nice weapons upgrade system (weapons "evolve" much like Pokemon, and you can combine different weapons of a similar type, iirc), and the power to rebuild cities as you saw fit was pretty cool.  The puzzles, if you want to call them puzzles, consist of nothing more than picking the right character to hit the right switch.

I've never played DC2, though.