By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why companies arent considering nintendo direct competition?

is it just because nintendo is destroying them with the sales of the wii and the ds? is this the only reason? their arguments for the wii is that its not hd. while i can actually understand what theyre saying with this argument, they take it a step further, and say that the ds isnt direct competition with the psp just because its advertised as just a 'games machine'

is this a new level of defeat that has never before been seen in the gaming industry? or are sony and microsoft just sore losers?

to be honest, its the sony side spouting off this kind of stuff, because microsoft seems like they kind of have known their place ever since the xbox. they would be lucky to even keep up with the other two.. but i am just kind of confused here.

Around the Network

If something is impossible to spin, you have deny its existance.

Because this is the first time in history where the two losing consoles are getting tons of games that the leading console isn't, especially when these games were on the leading console's predecessor, even if multiplatform (Beyond Good and Evil 2 seems to be a good example of this).

Sore losers. It's a convenient attempt to dodge the fact that they are getting pwned this generation.

They aren't considering Nintendo direct competition because they appeal to a different market and have systems that serve as multimedia, not just videogames.

Oh yeah, they are "losing" too so, that's also a big part of it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I honestly think it's due to different audiences these companies are targeting,,,,,nintendo is exploring audiences that Sony/Microsoft had no intention of (or didn't think about) exploring it.

for example ,Honda is exploring different market audience than say jeep ,despite both being cars.( jeep does not consider Honda as a direct competition ,,,, one is considered bt people who have fuel effiecieny on their mind and the other one is considered by poeple who want an off-road/large car)

SpartanFX said:
I honestly think it's due to different audiences these companies are targeting,,,,,nintendo is exploring audiences that Sony/Microsoft had no intention of (or didn't think about) exploring it.

for example ,Honda is exploring different market audience than say jeep ,despite both being cars.( jeep does not consider Honda as a direct competition ,,,, the reason being different market audiences)

But nintendo is still targetting their same audience, but expanding on it. So yes they are still competing.

sc94597 said:
SpartanFX said:

for example ,Honda is exploring different market audience than say jeep ,despite both being cars.( jeep does not consider Honda as a direct competition ,,,, the reason being different market audiences)

But nintendo is still targetting their same audience, but expanding on it. So yes they are still competing.

yea they are still competing but in a much lower degree than say last generation when all of the three consoles were competing for the same 70% marketsahre(other 30%  were the people who loved one of the consoles first party titles)

SpartanFX said:

for example ,Honda is exploring different market audience than say jeep ,despite both being cars.( jeep does not consider Honda as a direct competition ,,,, one is considered bt people who have fuel effiecieny on their mind and the other one is considered by poeple who want an off-road/large car)

not quite the same im afraid. nintendo does still cater to the audience that the ps3 and 360 cater to.

well its cause they know there is no way to beat ninty

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"