By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why companies arent considering nintendo direct competition?

^You can't play games on a typewriter, lol. But wait, let's play Dungeons and Dragons: Typewriter edition! For the NEC Word Processor!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network
kylohk said:
^You can't play games on a typewriter, lol. But wait, let's play Dungeons and Dragons: Typewriter edition! For the NEC Word Processor!

I think you've misunderstood me. You can write documents on both, if that's all you want to do, but one does a lot more. Are they in competition?

The Wii, PS3 and XBox360 are all for sale next to each other in various video game stores, therefore they are in competition.

Same as upright vacuum cleaners, bagless vacuum cleaners and cylinder vacuum cleaners etc are all for sale in the same section, they might be different products in certain ways but each one is in competition to be the chosen purchase over the others.

Anyone that thinks Wii isn't in the same competition must be PS3 or Xbox 360 fans that are annoyed they are not winning

I'm sure if PS3 or Xbox 360 was the worldwide leader from the start there would have been very little talk of the Wii not being in dirct competiton from the leading console's fans, although maybe then it would be the Wii fans saying it.

It's just sour grapes.

DMeisterJ said:
The Wii isn't in competition with the other consoles.

The Wii is actually making profit.

/thread.

end of the thread!!

if Ps3 and Xbox360 are considered as gaming consoles, then yeah, they are both competing with the Wii!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

llewdebkram said:

The Wii, PS3 and XBox360 are all for sale next to each other in various video game stores, therefore they are in competition.

Same as upright vacuum cleaners, bagless vacuum cleaners and cylinder vacuum cleaners etc are all for sale in the same section, they might be different products in certain ways but each one is in competition to be the chosen purchase over the others.

Anyone that thinks Wii isn't in the same competition must be PS3 or Xbox 360 fans that are annoyed they are not winning

I'm sure if PS3 or Xbox 360 was the worldwide leader from the start there would have been very little talk of the Wii not being in dirct competiton from the leading console's fans, although maybe then it would be the Wii fans saying it.

It's just sour grapes.

QFT

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Damage reduction. When a company is in a losing situation, the absolute last thing it wants to admit to the public is that it's getting slaughtered. Still, it's not surprising that Wii hasn't gotten a lot of sequels - most third parties thought it would flop and started production for the PS3 and XBox360 a while back. As much as we all want them to, they couldn't just switch instantly to Wii development once it started doing well.

Shameless said:
kylohk said:

I think you've misunderstood me. You can write documents on both, if that's all you want to do, but one does a lot more. Are they in competition?

Yes, they are. The same way cellphones are in competition with wrist watches. Ask me, I know. The strawman argument you're trying to make is poor.

Wait. Three pages of this issue being seriously debated. Is this for real? How on earth can this even be an issue? I am confused. There are three current gen consoles. How can they not be in competition? How can there be a serious debate about this. I repeat - I am confused.

And to those saying Nintendo themselves said they aren't competing with PS360 that is not what they said if I recall correctly. What they said is they are competing with all entertainment mediums e.g TV, cinema, etc.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
Wait. Three pages of this issue being seriously debated. Is this for real? How on earth can this even be an issue? I am confused. There are three current gen consoles. How can they not be in competition? How can there be a serious debate about this. I repeat - I am confused.

And to those saying Nintendo themselves said they aren't competing with PS360 that is not what they said if I recall correctly. What they said is they are competing with all entertainment mediums e.g TV, cinema, etc.

Yes 3 pages and not even 1 reply to my topic about gaming world records!!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=30450&start=0

:P