By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why companies arent considering nintendo direct competition?

Figure out who those reps are talking to and you have an answer as to why they are saying Nintendo isn't competing with them.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I don't consider Nintendo competition because I still see they're games as something entirely different, something I'm not quite interested in. Therefore it's not attempting to "steal" any of the PS3's "thunder". Whereas the 360 is directly in line with preventing my console of choice from seeing some amazing titles ;) Same goes for the PSP and DS, they just don't have a similar gaming feel to them. Games I'd want on the DS aren't the same games I'd want on the PSP.

Also note, the PS3's main goal so far it seems was to establish blu-ray, and in that regard, I'd say it's doing much better than Nintendo or MS >_>;; Totally not competition.

That, and Sony and MS are getting they're ass handed to them in sales :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

i go with sore loser child syndrome....

if and when you lose you cover your eyes and act like nothing is there those making you winner of your own game

Ail said:
Because believe it or not, there is a portion of us HD console owners that really aren't that interested by the direction the Wii is going and by trying to follow it Sony or Microsoft would loose us with no guarantee of winning the Wii users..

So you are proving the point that the PS360 is competing with the Wii.

Awww poor PS2. Everyone seems to have forgotten about it. It's still selling 90K to 100K units per week. Where does it fit into this competition?

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
sony refuses to consider wii "winning" because the wii costs 1/2 as much as the ps3. once the price of the ps3 is around 200, i think ps3 will easily win this gen.

Oh no not this argument again.  I think my head is going to explode.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

ElderScrollsFan said:
the wii offers a new kind of gameplay and attracts a different audience young people 8-10 ect. the wii is just a fad.. iv had my wii for 19 days, its already boring sitting there collecting dust. wii sports is only fun when your drunk.

You're new and I'm in a good mood so I'll cut you some slack.  Stop assuming these are the Gamespot forums and stop acting like a 12 year old fanboy.  Maybe half your posts are decent but the other half are garbage and when you only have 36 posts that isn't good.

Bobbuffalo said:
Ail said:
Because believe it or not, there is a portion of us HD console owners that really aren't that interested by the direction the Wii is going and by trying to follow it Sony or Microsoft would loose us with no guarantee of winning the Wii users..

Yeah. They are called "Hardcore gamers" and believes that the world turns around them. They are boring, pathetic and annoying.

No offense.

No offense. Well, I was offended. A guy with DONKEY KONG(?) on his avatar called me pathetic. Omg.

Gearbox said:

The thing is, is that during the time of the two generation flops, they had almost the ENTIRE handheld market. No company dared enter it then. Now however SONY has a nice stake, thats growing, in the handheld market. This helps SONY in two ways, first it gives them a fall back if their consoles fail, and if Nintendo's next Gen consoles fail, their handheld market will not be anywhere near the size of what it used to be. Nintendo is shrinking, and if they don't win this Gen, then they will SLOWLY fade away. None of the three companies will just give up.

However, Microsoft has already said they will not continue the Xbox, so unless they make something new they've basically said they give up.

If I understand you correctly you are saying Nintendo's position in the handheld market is shrinking due to PSP.  I think that is a huge inaccuracy.  DS is on track to outsell all previous Nintendo handhelds so it is far from the case that it is shrinking.  In fact, that is the complete opposite of what is happening.  Likewise Wii is on track to outsell all previous Nintendo consoles.  Plus, and most importantly, Nintendo is making more profits than it has ever done before.  There is no shrinkage whatsover.  Just major expansion. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

ElderScrollsFan said:
the only reason wii is pwning this gen is because, basically the Wii is a cheap Ps2, but of course the ps2 is better then wii and always will be, i bet if sony dropps the ps3 price down to $299 by this christmas, things will be different and sony will be back in #1 place just like it should be.

My head!!!