By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Chances of FF XIII coming out in Japan in 2008 got higher =))))))))))))))))

Tormod said:
What ellipsis? All I see is an exaggerated smiley face. Learn your English terms before using them. <_<

I stand corrected.  Maybe you could be more polite about it?

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Ok so what if this DS game doesnt come out this year?

What then?

Anyhow I hope they do release it in japan this year, that would mean Q1 09 release in the US.

mM
Kasz216 said:
Dogs Rule said:
How would that be "horrible for sales" when one is on the PS3 and one is on the DS, when one is portable and one must be played at home, when one will cost 40$ (DS games) and the other will cost 60$(PS3)?

I don't think they will have adverse effects on each others sales. Even less so when you consider that PS3 owners are just waiting for the opportunity to spend some cash on a good JRPG, let alone one of the best known and loved franchises.

It's not that it would be horrible for sales.

It's that it would be horrible for the companies stock price. DQ and FF13 would rocket up yearly sales...

then next years sales and revenue would be drastically lower crashing the stock price.

Which is why SE said they weren't going to release a main FF and a main DQ in the same fiscal year.

doubt it. Even if the game is released late 08. Euro and US won't see the game well into 09, which will take a very positive hit on the Financial Report.

Frankly, having a HUGE game done and holding it until the next fiscal year, while missing the holiday season is just dumb.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
sc94597 said:
That would be horrible for sales, if they are releasing dragon quest IX and FFXIII in the same quarter let alone the same month.

two completely different franchise.. in two completely different consoles????

That's like saying Mario Kart wouldn't sell because GTAIV came out around the same time.

Yes, but they target the same audience, and since about 1/6th of japan own dses I see a large number also owning ps3s. There will be alot of people making a choice between FFXIII and DQIX.

sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:
sc94597 said:
That would be horrible for sales, if they are releasing dragon quest IX and FFXIII in the same quarter let alone the same month.

That's like saying Mario Kart wouldn't sell because GTAIV came out around the same time.

Yes, but they target the same audience, and since about 1/6th of japan own dses I see a large number also owning ps3s. There will be alot of people making a choice between FFXIII and DQIV.

why do they have to make a choice? Do gamers make a choice between MH2G and SSBB?? or SSBB and MKwii and Wiifit??

Frankly, the argument makes no sense.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
sc94597 said:

What makes you think we will be seeing DQIX anytime soon? We know just as much about that game as we do FFXIII, which is virtually nothing.

kingofwale said:
sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:
sc94597 said:

Yes, but they target the same audience, and since about 1/6th of japan own dses I see a large number also owning ps3s. There will be alot of people making a choice between FFXIII and DQIV.

why do they have to make a choice? Do gamers make a choice between MH2G and SSBB?? or SSBB and MKwii and Wiifit??

Frankly, the argument makes no sense.

Well financial reason? Somebody doesen't want to buy multiple games at once? There are plenty of reasons why they would compete. Also Mh2G and SSBB are two different genres. I may have exaggerated with horrible sales, but fans will most likely be disapointed with sales of both games.

sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:
sc94597 said:

Yes, but they target the same audience, and since about 1/6th of japan own dses I see a large number also owning ps3s. There will be alot of people making a choice between FFXIII and DQIX.

KoW is 100% right about your argument. When you can pick up 2 games each of which is in a franchise near the top of their genre within a few months apart for under 100$ (40$DS game + 60$ PS3), that is a good thing in my book.

I don't like things being rushed for early release, but I guess this isn't rushing, more like enhanced development, since nothing is getting cut out.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Lightning08 said:
sc94597 said:

What makes you think we will be seeing DQIX anytime soon? We know just as much about that game as we do FFXIII, which is virtually nothing.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167915

"With all that Dragon Quest going around, you've got to wonder if Square Enix might not be risking a little Japanese RPG burnout by the time Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Starry Sky hits town on November 20. But the RPG ironmen who've already finished a sequential playthrough of all the remastered Final Fantasys and currently shopping around for future endurance challenges will, of course, be right pleased."

Also the game is most likely going to be released before XIII, because of the shorter developement times.