By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Chances of FF XIII coming out in Japan in 2008 got higher =))))))))))))))))

If you look at SE's site for this event, you'll see no mention of DQIX (or Dragon Quest in general). Maybe the game has bee delayed yet again? I mean, Level 5 is a rather small developer who is working on four separate projects right now, the focus of which is probably White Knight Chronicles.

Either way, I trust evilone.  Not to mention he knows full well that he will be most likely perma-banned from NeoGAF if he is wrong about this.

And the most important news from that thread?  Way of the Samurai 3 has been reannounced for the ps3 in this week's Famitsu! :D

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
If you look at SE's site for this event, you'll see no mention of DQIX (or Dragon Quest in general). Maybe the game has bee delayed yet again? I mean, Level 5 is a rather small developer who is working on four separate projects right now, the focus of which is probably White Knight Chronicles.

Or maybe they are releasing information at TGS? It's the same as when I asked if FFCC:TCB was cancelled, but it's a delay instead of a cancellation.

sc94597 said:
makingmusic476 said:

Or maybe they are releasing information at TGS? It's the same as when I asked if FFCC:TCB was cancelled, but it's a delay instead of a cancellation.

Well, according to evilone, TGS will be all about FFXIII.

Not that DQIX couldn't be shown as well, or anything.

Anyway, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility that it may have been delayed again.

Come on guys, FFXIII won't even be playable at their event. Trailer only.
Besides that Kasz already explained quite clearly why chances of this are very small. If DQ will be postponed it might happen, otherwise not.

makingmusic476 said:
sc94597 said:
makingmusic476 said:

Well, according to evilone, TGS will be all about FFXIII.

Not that DQIX couldn't be shown as well, or anything.

Anyway, I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility that it may have been delayed again.

Well the chance of DQ being delayed is still low, and you could say the same for the chance of FFXIII being released in japan this year.

Around the Network

You know, I was thinking. Maybe THIS is the real reason the ps3 version of the Last Remnant got delayed.

Couldn't agree more with KingofWave and Dogs Rule (yeah they do ) Two totally different markets and may I remind people around here, mostly Nintendo fans, that DQVI hasn't even released yet in Japan nor a release date is known? SE has said specifically to release the remakes "before" DQIX.

Plus S.E. have Last Remnant (PS3), Final Fantasy XIII vs (PS3), FFCC Bearers (WII), Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP), Star Ocean IV (360) for instance, for their next fiscal year.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I think its almost confirmed to release in Japan next year 1Q or 2Q and fall 2009 in rest of the world. They also have to make FF14 this generation.

*~Onna76~* said:

Couldn't agree more with KingofWave and Dogs Rule (yeah they do ) Two totally different markets and may I remind people around here, mostly Nintendo fans, that DQVI hasn't even released yet in Japan nor a release date is known? SE has said specifically to release the remakes "before" DQIX.

Plus S.E. have Last Remnant (PS3), Final Fantasy XIII vs (PS3), FFCC Bearers (WII), Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP), Star Ocean IV (360) for instance, for their next fiscal year.

And they also said it will be here some time this year. Using your information and the information I provided its safe to say that it will be here some time in quarter 4. ALso how do they target different audiences? They are both rpgs. ONe may be an action rpg, but it used to be turn based, and it still has the same audience it used to have. Also those game are alot smaller than final fantasy and dragon quest. All but two of those games are spinoffs and the other too have yet to show theirselves as popular.

*~Onna76~* said:

The thing is... you make agree with Kingof Wale and Dogs Rule. Me i'd think stock guys would be smarter then that and that people can spend money on one game like every 4 months.

However Wada agrees with everyone else and has even stated such in interviews.

In such situations it's better to go with the opinion of the head of SE and not the opinion of messageboard fanboys.

If FF13 comes out this year, it means DQ comes out next year and vice versa.  Unless Wada changes his mind from his previously stated comments.

Since DQ9 is said to come out this year.... and FF13 has no release date. It seems saftest to assume and most logical to assume that DQ will come out this year... and keep in mind this "year" means until like March.

People trying to make SC sound crazy because he's going by what the company actually said are being ridiculious.  Wait till E3... and if they have a release date, they'll give a release date... and if they don't have a release date...

Heck, i'm interested to see if they have some actual gameplay footage or whether they'll show the same movie they've been showing with a few slides added in.