By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Chances of FF XIII coming out in Japan in 2008 got higher =))))))))))))))))

My money is on DQ9 for this year. Which means FF13 next year...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

The game was delayed and they said that the game is going to be released sometime in 2008. I'm pretty sure if it was delayed again they will anounce it. Also the dragon quest remakes coming to the U.S this year even support my theory more because of the hype they will build for DQIX. I disagree, I believe more people will be working on DQ because it is about the 3rd largest jrpg, and the 2nd largest in japan. It's far more important than WKC. I don't see square enix releasing FFXIII anywhere close to the release of DQIX. I think they will wait for sales to settle down then release FFXIII.

DQ is actually the largest RPG in Japan by far, also, from your article they announced DQIX was delayed in Aug '07, so what makes you think they would announce it right now if it was delayed?

As far as more people on DQIX or WKC, yes it is true that if L5 was a wholly owned subsidiary of SE, then they would definitely have the whole staff on DQIX, but they are not, they are an independent 3rd party and Sony is publishing WKC and possibly funding the project since it is a Sony IP. Sony is not gonna sit idly and watch L5 eat away their resource money working on other projects, especially since it costs so much more to make a PS3 game. It is also way harder to develop for the PS3 compared to the DS. I'm fairly certain they have more people working on WKC then they do working on DQIX.

You might be right, I don't know, honestly I think it's possible that neither game comes out this year.

FilaBrasileiro said:
sc94597 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
sc94597 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
sc94597 said:
Lightning08 said:
sc94597 said:
That would be horrible for sales, if they are releasing dragon quest IX and FFXIII in the same quarter let alone the same month

What makes you think we will be seeing DQIX anytime soon? We know just as much about that game as we do FFXIII, which is virtually nothing.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167915

"With all that Dragon Quest going around, you've got to wonder if Square Enix might not be risking a little Japanese RPG burnout by the time Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Starry Sky hits town on November 20. But the RPG ironmen who've already finished a sequential playthrough of all the remastered Final Fantasys and currently shopping around for future endurance challenges will, of course, be right pleased."

Also the game is most likely going to be released before XIII, because of the shorter developement times.

Heh even though the article on that page is 05/21/08, if you click on the link to DQIX it goes to this page http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3155836 and the release date is 11/20/2007.....

Well it's been confirmed 2008 after being delayed. http://gonintendo.com/?p=23735

But again that article is from Aug '07 and we haven't heard anything from Level 5 or SE about DQIX for quite sometime.....the game might've been delayed, I mean it's not like SE has never delayed a game before. I hope the game comes out, but L5 is extremely busy at the moment, they are a 150 employee company with 4 projects that are all supposed to be out this year. I also believe the majority of their staff might now be working on WKC.

The game was delayed and they said that the game is going to be released sometime in 2008. I'm pretty sure if it was delayed again they will anounce it. Also the dragon quest remakes coming to the U.S this year even support my theory more because of the hype they will build for DQIX. I disagree, I believe more people will be working on DQ because it is about the 3rd largest jrpg, and the 2nd largest in japan. It's far more important than WKC. I don't see square enix releasing FFXIII anywhere close to the release of DQIX. I think they will wait for sales to settle down then release FFXIII.

DQ is actually the largest RPG in Japan by far, also, from your article they announced DQIX was delayed in Aug '07, so what makes you think they would announce it right now if it was delayed?

As far as more people on DQIX or WKC, yes it is true that if L5 was a wholly owned subsidiary of SE, then they would definitely have the whole staff on DQIX, but they are not, they are an independent 3rd party and Sony is publishing WKC and possibly funding the project since it is a Sony IP. Sony is not gonna sit idly and watch L5 eat away their resource money working on other projects, especially since it costs so much more to make a PS3 game. It is also way harder to develop for the PS3 compared to the DS. I'm fairly certain they have more people working at WKC then they do working on DQIX.

I always thought pokemon was larger. I do agree on the other points though, but I think it will be released first. I don't think they would want to delay it anymore and lose hype.

Tormod said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Tormod said:
What ellipsis? All I see is an exaggerated smiley face. Learn your English terms before using them. <_<

I stand corrected.  Maybe you could be more polite about it?

Sorry, I'm an English nazi like that.

All Hail Hitler! And the English Language!

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

sc94597 said:

I always thought pokemon was larger. I do agree on the other points though, but I think it will be released first. I don't think they would want to delay it anymore and lose hype.

You're right about Pokemon, I forgot about them. DQ is the second biggest. And as far as DQ losing sale, it won't happen, at least not in Japan, they can release DQIX whenever they want and it'll sell 2 million copies first week. Hell they could release DQIX for the 360 and it would sell 2 million copies on that system

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
sc94597 said:

You're right about Pokemon, I forgot about them. DQ is the second biggest. And as far as DQ losing sale, it won't happen, at least not in Japan, they can release DQIX whenever they want and it'll sell 2 million copies first week. Hell they could release DQIX for the 360 and it would sell 2 million copies on that system

Microsoft would have to put up alot of money for DQX, might as well buy square enix.  Anyway even SE thinks it's a bad idea, and there is the point Kasz made.

as much as id love ffxiii to come out this year ....it wont happen

sc94597 said:

That would be horrible         ( I exaggerated, disappointing is a better word) for sales, if they are releasing dragon quest IX and FFXIII in the same quarter let alone the same month.

Unless BOTH game will come at same day. IF there will be 2 weeks difference, i think, BOTH games will sell GREAT.

Moreover, after half a million MGS4 sales in first week, i believe Square should be more confident in FFXIII sales. =) With 3 mln. PS3 by the end of the year, it should easy sell 1-1,5 mln. first week. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I still seriously doubt that it is coming for the holiday. It might come in april or may 2009

I hope it will release this year.