By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madden NFL 09 preview/trailer video. Definitive version confirmed FTW!

Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I'm not trying to crash the party but

didn't EA people state the 20th Madden Anniversary will be an "exclusive Playstation Event" with huge showings.....so doesn't that mean they have some kind of deal going with SONY for Madden 09 to seem like PS3 versions is the one to get.

Nah, 360 will still be the version to get so long as ESPN keeps Madden Nation around.

Hell even if it doesn't. Madden and Sports only fans mostly only own 360s.

That was even true on the Xbox.

PS3 is just going to be the version that gets advertised the most. Like how 360 was advertised the most last year.

For the best gameplay though... seems like the Wii version will have the most options if the create an audible mode is Wii only.

We'll see in August..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Suspense304 said:

Yea so lets see here....

Playstation total sales = 4.14m

Xbox total sales = 2.83m

(That includes PS2 & 3 and Xbox and 360)

Not to mention that in 08'

Xbox 360's version sold 2.3m

And PS2's version sold 2.14m Along with PS3's .85m

I'd hate to check but I'm pretty sure the percentage of owners on PS3 at the time that owned Madden would be higher than the percentage on 360 that owned it...

Userbase is always going to be slightly higher on the smaller userbase. the differnce between the XBox and PS2 vs the actual numbers sold however... and the fact that both last gen consoles outsold the PS3....

is going to tell you something about the chances of the PS3 having more people online.

360 vs PS3 ratio. 3.91 360 copies per every PS3 copy

PS2 vs XB ratio 3.69 PS2 copies for every Xbox copy.

Note the 360 vs PS3 ratio is larger... despite the PS2 having a bigger gap vs Xbox in consoles sold.

What's that show? A larger percentage of the Xbox fans are madden fans. Which is more important then an attach ratio if your talking about this...

and your still missing the overall point. Which is the people that JUST play Madden.(and other sports games) These people already have 360's anyway. They aren't going to buy a PS3 as well to just play Madden when they have a system that can already play HD Madden.

Lots of people buy sports games that don't just like sports games. Like me.

No, you've missed the point... Which is neither system is dominate to a user that only plays Madden.. It is completely even..

You did however fail to mention the fact that PS2 outsold 360 when it was getting big.. It also almost outsold 360 again while PS3 was out.. Meaning that people that ONLY played madden didn't even buy a 360, they stayed on PS2. And when the game goes off of PS2 they will move to PS3 because it's becoming the more popular system this year and they are comfortable with Sony already.. That's my thought.. The numbers will still be roughly the same. Probably 3-3.5m a piece

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

darthdevidem01 said:
I'm not trying to crash the party but

didn't EA people state the 20th Madden Anniversary will be an "exclusive Playstation Event" with huge showings.....so doesn't that mean they have some kind of deal going with SONY for Madden 09 to seem like PS3 versions is the one to get.

That's more Sony's doing than EA.  Take a look at the new Blue PSP Madden bundle.   Sony is trying to win back their lost casual sports crowd.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

OMG this is amazing! Call your shot mode for the win

This will be THE version to own.

Online play too? OMG!

BTW the 360 and ps3 versions last year were lackluster.

This is the one.

amazing

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I can't wait for NBA Live 09. *Silence...*

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:

You got banned for trolling, came back and now you're trolling some more?  I'd have perma banned you on my forum long ago.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

You get banned for trolling, come back and troll some more.  I'd have perma banned you on my forum long ago.

Trolling? Honestly.What do you mean? I simply implied that no one likes NBA Live,so take the stick out your ass and move on.

EA names their games casually for the Wii, like K.O. Party, or ALL play, and infact, they are giving much in-depth gameplay and far more modes.

Great strategy to sell more games, they name games that have more in common to hardcore gamers casually. Good for everyone, casuals will be happy and HC too.

Thanks EA... Ubisoft learn a bit from them.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

TalonMan said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Viper1 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

You get banned for trolling, come back and troll some more.  I'd have perma banned you on my forum long ago.

Trolling? Honestly.What do you mean? I simply implied that no one likes NBA Live,so take the stick out your ass and move on.

Yeah - too bad this thread was about Madden, not NBA Live...

...get back under your bridge or feel the wrath of my ban hammer!!! 

(read: This is a warning for you Blue - and you're only getting one from me)

I was only replying in context of the thread,as in a JOKE,as in 2k is the better series.Their is no need for a warning.Thank you.

ROFL you guys...

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY