By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madden NFL 09 preview/trailer video. Definitive version confirmed FTW!

The graphics was actually better, just watch the preview they said they did the graphics from ground up

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Damn it Bozon, that's a fade, not a slant.

Griffin said:
The call your own shots looks to be really good, am i right to assume this mode is in all versions? The rest of the video looks pretty solid too, i have not played a football game since NFL 2K3 but the graphics don't seem to be updated from what i remember. But games always look better when you think back so i could be wrong.

I like the easy control style they have set-up, i find that sports games are too hard unless you know lots about the game and have read the instructions for 20mins. I tried the baseball demo on the PS3 and it was way too had for anyone who just wanted to play the game as a casual.

No, this is a Wii specific feature.  The IR pointer allows you to do this on the fly but an analog stick would make it clunky.

aiden.cronus said:
wow i like what EA is doing so far with its sport catalogue on the Wii

but Konami nailed it with their Pro Evo (soccer)...

Ea admitted they were so impressed with PES that they plan to implement a very similar style for FIFA. 

mesoteto said:
i loved 08 for the motion controls..if they can up the graphics a bit and get a better feel on the controls i am sold

Madden 07 and 08 used the PS2 game engine and models for Wii.  Madden 09 is all Wii.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Another reason I bought a Wii -- fulfilled. I'm kinda surprised it took so long, but i can forgive it because it's just in time for Favre's retirement/huge presence on the menus, box etc. (GO PACK!)

Now I just need a good FPS (*crosses fingers*c'mon, the conduit! You can do it!)...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

The good thing was it will released on August, YEAH... This second half of this year will be good for the Wii, I HOPE

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Looks great, if I start playing more sports games I will have to look into this..

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

I only own a PS3.. so I won't be picking this up, however I am glad with only one thing really when I see this...

Hopefully EA can go back to making games that are fun instead of basically pushing out the competitors when a better game in their genre comes along.. Madden has been dead to me for the past 4 years since NFL 2k5 came out. Since then it's been the same exact game from EA with a few graphic tweaks, I played Madden pretty seriously on 06 and then didn't even pick up 08' due to the fact it was all the same (even with the next gen games).

So congratulations to Wii owners, maybe you'll have a Madden that they took the time to care about

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

I'm not trying to crash the party but

didn't EA people state the 20th Madden Anniversary will be an "exclusive Playstation Event" with huge showings.....so doesn't that mean they have some kind of deal going with SONY for Madden 09 to seem like PS3 versions is the one to get.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

err...EA is evil...right? when did the "we love EA" trend start?

Probably at the same time "we hate Ubisoft"...

Griffin said:
The call your own shots looks to be really good, am i right to assume this mode is in all versions? The rest of the video looks pretty solid too, i have not played a football game since NFL 2K3 but the graphics don't seem to be updated from what i remember. But games always look better when you think back so i could be wrong.

I like the easy control style they have set-up, i find that sports games are too hard unless you know lots about the game and have read the instructions for 20mins. I tried the baseball demo on the PS3 and it was way too had for anyone who just wanted to play the game as a casual.

I don't know if Call You Shot mode will really work for the other consoles.  The pointer really looks like it speeds things up over what a controller would do.