By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madden NFL 09 preview/trailer video. Definitive version confirmed FTW!

darthdevidem01 said:
I'm not trying to crash the party but

didn't EA people state the 20th Madden Anniversary will be an "exclusive Playstation Event" with huge showings.....so doesn't that mean they have some kind of deal going with SONY for Madden 09 to seem like PS3 versions is the one to get.

Nah, 360 will still be the version to get so long as ESPN keeps Madden Nation around.

Hell even if it doesn't. Madden and Sports only fans mostly only own 360s.

That was even true on the Xbox.

PS3 is just going to be the version that gets advertised the most. Like how 360 was advertised the most last year.

For the best gameplay though... seems like the Wii version will have the most options if the create an audible mode is Wii only.

Around the Network

Wow... EA's finally giving the Wii its own version of Madden, instead of adding waggle to a PS2 port? I think I may die of shock.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

didn't EA people state the 20th Madden Anniversary will be an "exclusive Playstation Event" with huge showings.....so doesn't that mean they have some kind of deal going with SONY for Madden 09 to seem like PS3 versions is the one to get.

Nah, 360 will still be the version to get so long as ESPN keeps Madden Nation around.

PS3 is just going to be the version that gets advertised the most. Like how 360 was advertised the most last year.

For the best gameplay though... seems like the Wii version will have the most options if the create an audible mode is Wii only.

I must have missed the boat on the "sports/madden" players mostly only own 360s. Considering I live in the US (mainly 360s) and don't know a single gamer that plays sports game that has a 360, they ALL own ps3 or ps2... The hardcore gamers have 360 now because of Madden nation, which originally was on PS2. So it was not true on Xbox. It's always been on the most popular system at that time (Wii doesn't count for this conversation). 360 gamers play shooters.. That's what Xbox became known for, sports fan will play either there is no one that is more preferred until you talk competively.

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Suspense304 said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I must have missed the boat on the "sports/madden" players mostly only own 360s. Considering I live in the US (mainly 360s) and don't know a single gamer that plays sports game that has a 360, they ALL own ps3 or ps2... The hardcore gamers have 360 now because of Madden nation, which originally was on PS2. So it was not true on Xbox. It's always been on the most popular system at that time (Wii doesn't count for this conversation). 360 gamers play shooters.. That's what Xbox became known for, sports fan will play either there is no one that is more preferred until you talk competively.

The Xbox managed to sell nearly 2 million copies of Madden despite the giant userbase gap.

Every person I know that only owns Madden, or only owns Madden and other sports games own a 360... and i360 has the healthiest sports sales all around.

Yea so lets see here....

Playstation total sales = 4.14m

Xbox total sales = 2.83m

(That includes PS2 & 3 and Xbox and 360)

Not to mention that in 08'

Xbox 360's version sold 2.3m

And PS2's version sold 2.14m Along with PS3's .85m

I'd hate to check but I'm pretty sure the percentage of owners on PS3 at the time that owned Madden would be higher than the percentage on 360 that owned it...

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

Around the Network
Suspense304 said:

Yea so lets see here....

Playstation total sales = 4.14m

Xbox total sales = 2.83m

(That includes PS2 & 3 and Xbox and 360)

Not to mention that in 08'

Xbox 360's version sold 2.3m

And PS2's version sold 2.14m Along with PS3's .85m

I'd hate to check but I'm pretty sure the percentage of owners on PS3 at the time that owned Madden would be higher than the percentage on 360 that owned it...

Userbase is always going to be slightly higher on the smaller userbase. the differnce between the XBox and PS2 vs the actual numbers sold however... and the fact that both last gen consoles outsold the PS3....

is going to tell you something about the chances of the PS3 having more people online.

360 vs PS3 ratio. 3.91 360 copies per every PS3 copy

PS2 vs XB ratio 3.69 PS2 copies for every Xbox copy.

Note the 360 vs PS3 ratio is larger... despite the PS2 having a bigger gap vs Xbox in consoles sold.

What's that show? A larger percentage of the Xbox fans are madden fans. Which is more important then an attach ratio if your talking about this...

and your still missing the overall point. Which is the people that JUST play Madden.(and other sports games) These people already have 360's anyway. They aren't going to buy a PS3 as well to just play Madden when they have a system that can already play HD Madden.

Lots of people buy sports games that don't just like sports games.  Like me.

disolitude said:
err...EA is evil...right? when did the "we love EA" trend start?

Probably at the same time "we hate Ubisoft"...

A few years back this sentence would have been unthinkable, but here goes: EA is no longer the spawn of the devil.

There, I said it.

They've actually been on the mend for a while now, and have been coming out with some pretty good games (while no longer automatically murdering their new acquisitions). I think the shock of being threatened, and then surpassed, by Activison's done them some good. Now Activision is becoming the new EA, so let's all go hate on them!

On topic: I got Madden 07 and thought it was decent (which makes it much better than all the other Maddens). With Call Your Shot, I might actually break down and buy a second Madden game in three years. Wow.

disolitude said:

Nah it stopped when the Spore Creature Creator came out.  Haven't you played that thing?

Well it shows at least that third parties are starting to put more effort into Wii games. Hopefully it will break the million marker...

"Like you know"

noname2200 said:
disolitude said:

A few years back this sentence would have been unthinkable, but here goes: EA is no longer the spawn of the devil.

There, I said it.

They've actually been on the mend for a while now, and have been coming out with some pretty good games (while no longer automatically murdering their new acquisitions). I think the shock of being threatened, and then surpassed, by Activison's done them some good. Now Activision is becoming the new EA, so let's all go hate on them!

On topic: I got Madden 07 and thought it was decent (which makes it much better than all the other Maddens). With Call Your Shot, I might actually break down and buy a second Madden game in three years. Wow.

I wouldn't say that Activision is *necessarily* the new EA.  They're giving us a better version of Rock Band (GH4) than EA (RB:Wii) after all...

I think that EA has just started trying to keep its top talent more by giving them leeway to create their own IPs and foster new ideas (on the Wii especially, since it can be less of a risk).  I agree that this is in direct response to the Activizzard merger though.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)