By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Versus XIII is on hold until FF XIII is done (NOOO!!!) + more info

It's great that both teams will be focusing/working on FFXIII. Hope it turns out great and comes out very soon.

Around the Network

i dont care about ff13 getting the help from the verus team,because it just means that they are scared at its current rate it wouldnt have been released till maybe at the end of next year. anyways with square-enix making the ff series a action/rpg series now, it makes the series a maybe at a later time possible purchase for me. after the horrible ff12, i lost alot of faith in square-enix that they can make a great rpg out of the ff series and seeing how ff13 has shiva as a bike that's just dumb. i think lost odyssey is the best rpg out this generation and unless square-enix can make the story and everything come together into a great game, i believe lost odyssey has a better chance at being the better rpg this gen than ff13. ff series isnt the rpg king it was once. that is my opinion on the subject, if you agree thats fine if not thats ok too.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

well this means they will release FFXIII earlier which is good since it is bigger then versus XIII

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

makingmusic476 said:
DragonLord said:
shanbcn said:
Soriku said:
shanbcn said:
Soriku said:
@benga

lol I just want them to announce it. TGS announcement please V_V

@shan

"KH3 is almost confirmed for PS3 becasue of the engine."

....lol no.

They have invested millions on game engine and the same team is making FFv13 so KH3 will come to PS3. That doesn't mean it will be exclusive but you never know.

lol no. You know Disney has the same where KH goes right? Also, look! The KH team made The World Ends With You for the DS! KH3 on DS confirmed!

I'm not going to argue about KH3 anymore, so drop it OK?

Well they will put the game where it sells and hard core RPG will hardly sell on Wii. And install base doesn't matter becasue MGS4 just proved this. I don't think S-E invested millions on the engine to release just two games on it.

Just thought I'd point out that the "White Engine/Cyrstal Tools" (same thing now) is a MULTIPLATFORM engine. SE announced that themselves...it's designed for use with all major consoles including the Wii and 360. With that said, I own both a Wii and PS3 so I'll play it eitherway, but from a personal preference standpoint, I'd MUCH prefer it and enjoy it more on the ps3. I'm a bit of a graphics whore.

I know it won't happen, but after the SO4 news, wouldn't it be funny as hell if MS ended up with KH3 on the 360 (.001% chance)...it'd be pretty ironic since everyone expects it on the Wii or PS3.

I still don't believe that the White Engine has been developed for the 360. Why use UE3 for the ONLY 360 game they're developing (the Last Remnant)?

They said that Crystal Tools (formally called "White Engine"), would support the 360 at GDC 08.  The next MMO will probably come out on 360 that uses CT.

OT:  I'm glad they are focusing all resources in the development of FF XIII now.  I was always more excited about FF XIII than Versus XIII.  It's time for SE to stop lolly-gagging around with ports and remakes and get DQ IX and FF 13 cranked out.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

2 Dev teams, around 100 on each, 200 devs on 1 game... thats a very big dev team. They might be finishing it for Christmas if they have that many on 1 game OR they are seriously far behind in the development. Once FFXIII is finished they will probably move BOTH dev teams on to FFvsXIII and then split them again for KH3 and ???(FFVII remake.... doubtful...).

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

After amazing MGS4 sales in Japan non-PS3 fans have changed their tune. First it was that MGS4 will never do as good as last gen MGSa because its for hardcore, now they say FF will never sell well because its for casual gamers.

shanbcn said:
This is good news, it means they are trying to finish FFXIII quickly and then both teams will work on FFvXIII. KH3 is almost confirmed for PS3 becasue of the engine.

What rock have you been hiding under?? Disney OWNS Kingdom Hearts and they are more interested in the Wii than the PS3. How so? Disney Interactive has made a branch development group that is SPECIFICALLY made for Nintendo software. We know this. Soriku knows this. I know this. End.

Soriku said:

Got this from http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=313973&page=3

"- DK is a private show so for the general public that wants to see and play the games, please wait for TGS in October.

- It will use the same format as previous S-E events, with closed theatre as well as playable booths outside.

- BBS will be playable for the first time at the event.

- Dispite the news that S-E was going to scale back from Mobile development, it appears that KH Coded, 3rd Birthday and Agito XIII will still be going ahead.

- Agito XIII seems to be facing serious development issues at the moment. There is a huge worldview and historical timeline, etc.

- The director of AgitoXIII is doing the outline of the entire story synopsis himself now, development is still in early stages.

- Versus is on hold until FFXIII is done, because the entire Versus team is helping finish FFXIII at the moment. It is number one priority.

- While the planners and programmers are all working on FFXIII, the Versus project is getting the designers to work on a lot of image illustrations and conceptual visuals. The story for Versus is also pretty much complete.

- KH DS is being tuned and balanced, but it is not quite as polished as Dissidia yet. They'll be taking feedback from the playable.

- KH PSP is not anywhere close to a final build, but he wanted to let people get a chance to try it out first.

- Advent Children Complete might finally be close to getting a release date. Lolz."

----

NOOOOOO. They'll never announce KH3 at this rate :(

muhahahaha.

It's good that the Versus team is helping out the XIII team. Do you think the XIII team will help the Versus team when it's time to complete that?
Anyway, I can't wait to see some more of this game!

Naraku_Diabolos said:
shanbcn said:
This is good news, it means they are trying to finish FFXIII quickly and then both teams will work on FFvXIII. KH3 is almost confirmed for PS3 becasue of the engine.

What rock have you been hiding under?? Disney OWNS Kingdom Hearts and they are more interested in the Wii than the PS3. How so? Disney Interactive has made a branch development group that is SPECIFICALLY made for Nintendo software. We know this. Soriku knows this. I know this. End.

And? The engine is there and i am sure Disney will want to make profit from it. I don't think SE will use the engine for just two PS3 games.