By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Versus XIII is on hold until FF XIII is done (NOOO!!!) + more info

Hopefully this will mean that we will get XIII earlier. I was not really expecting Versus for another few years.

Around the Network

You guys do realize this also means no FF7 remake for the ps3 this gen right? If it does release it this gen it won't be for the ps3 or 360 because of long developement times. I could see it going to handhelds.

This is waiting...

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

sc94597 said:

You guys do realize this also means no FF7 remake for the ps3 this gen right? If it does release it this gen it won't be for the ps3 or 360 because of long developement times. I could see it going to handhelds.

We can still hope that they have another team working on it

Who wants to bet FFXIII will get a 10 as well?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
sc94597 said:

We can still hope that they have another team working on it

That would be too much rescources and time spent on the ps3. Square Enix already said they are interested in all consoles. They also probably have all of their teams working on the existing projects and have nobody open for a remake. I would also see them saying that they want the team that makes FFs to work on the remake. Anyway I could see it going to handhelds just like every other remake.

soriku - do you even plan on buy a ps3?

konnichiwa said:
Soriku said:
Zuhyc said:
Well, the team that develops the 3 KH-games is also more or less the Versus XIII team. SO maybe when these are finished, they will start working on the game, when FF XIII is released they can put everyone on the project!

No, the 3 KHs are being made by different teams. The BBS team is the ones who did CoM, the DS team is the one who made FF Fable/Chocobo games, and the cell phone one is the one being made by the Agito XIII team. Nomura is directing all of them though. The KH team doesn't do anything for the spin-offs. They only develop the main series.

=p Always doublecheck the sources if you write something about KH Zuhyc...... Soriku has a sixth sence, with it he can hear that people are typing something wrong about KH =p.

I'll remember that xD

So the KH team AND the FFX team are working on FFXIII. It should be a great game. :)

DragonLord said:
shanbcn said:
Soriku said:
shanbcn said:
Soriku said:
@benga

lol I just want them to announce it. TGS announcement please V_V

@shan

"KH3 is almost confirmed for PS3 becasue of the engine."

....lol no.

They have invested millions on game engine and the same team is making FFv13 so KH3 will come to PS3. That doesn't mean it will be exclusive but you never know.

lol no. You know Disney has the same where KH goes right? Also, look! The KH team made The World Ends With You for the DS! KH3 on DS confirmed!

I'm not going to argue about KH3 anymore, so drop it OK?

Well they will put the game where it sells and hard core RPG will hardly sell on Wii. And install base doesn't matter becasue MGS4 just proved this. I don't think S-E invested millions on the engine to release just two games on it.

Just thought I'd point out that the "White Engine/Cyrstal Tools" (same thing now) is a MULTIPLATFORM engine.  SE announced that themselves...it's designed for use with all major consoles including the Wii and 360.  With that said, I own both a Wii and PS3 so I'll play it eitherway, but from a personal preference standpoint, I'd MUCH prefer it and enjoy it more on the ps3.  I'm a bit of a graphics whore. 

I know it won't happen, but after the SO4 news, wouldn't it be funny as hell if MS ended up with KH3 on the 360 (.001% chance)...it'd be pretty ironic since everyone expects it on the Wii or PS3.

I still don't believe that the White Engine has been developed for the 360.  Why use UE3 for the ONLY 360 game they're developing (the Last Remnant)?