By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto hinting at "Pikmin 3"

Not sure if there's already a thread about this...

Pikmin 3 very well suited for the Wii, according to Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo game designer Shigeru Miyamoto has hinted at a Pikmin 3 sequel several times during interviews. To quote him in a 2007 interview: “I certainly don’t think we’ve seen the last of Pikmin. I definitely would like to do something with them, and I think the Wii interface in particular is very well suited to that franchise.”

Then following last year’s IGN interview with Mr. Miyamoto — on April 18th, 2008, these further confirming words were published in a Cnet article: “For now, Miyamoto looks ahead to other projects for the Wii, mentioning his desire to continue the Pikmin series.”

Keep in mind there are no Nintendo titles announced yet for the second half of 2008 and beyond. Add to this that yesterday Marc Franklin, director of public relations at Nintendo, told Gamepro that Nintendo “will be announcing several new titles that core gamers will be interested in around the time of E3.” — Since it’s been all but revealed that Pikmin 3 is in development for Wii, expect the real-time strategy title to be unveiled by Nintendo at the E3 Summit 2008 on July 15-17th.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/06/17/pikmin-3-very-well-suited-for-the-wii-according-to-shigeru-miyamoto.htm

That would be so amazing!!! Discuss

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

You know its coming. There is no doubt in my mind.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Just like Okami or Resident Evil 4, Pikmin is a game that really requires IR pointing over an analog stick. Those games did their best with what they had and were all awesome, but oh man, Pikmin where I could just point around with one hand to deliver orders to my Pikmin while I run around with my other hand... hot damn I need that.

It's totally coming. It's just a matter of when.

Yeah, like the message is saying: "there are no Nintendo games planned for the second half of the year", so therefore I'm even more looking forward to the E3 and see what Nintendo has in store for us

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Personally, I think Pikmin would be best suited for the DS, but I guess it's fine for Wii too.

Around the Network

=p Hurray, only I am not that big kind of Pikmin fan.

I'm sure it will come out eventually, it's more a matter of when. Ofcourse, like loadedstament's sig reminds us, it's better to wait and have it live up to it's expectations, than to be rushed and disappoint. It might come out this year. I just thought Nintendo would be too busy with Mario Super Sluggers, Day of Crisis, publishing FF4 and a new harvest moon I think, Wario Land, Kirby, Wii Music, AC, probably a new Mario Party, and possibly a new Kid Icarus. But who knows , because it sounds like Nintendo has few surprises in store for this year.

it's definetly coming:  http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Pikmin_3

In 2003 Miyamoto said in an interview he already had the basic premise for Pikmin 3[1]

Cubed 3 news ran an April fools joke in 2006 stating that Pikmin 3 would be a launch title for the Revolution (Wii)[2]

Later in April Spong news asserted that according to its press contacts Pikmin 3 would appear on the Wii at some point (probably some time after the launch) [3]

Officially Nintendo are yet to announce a sequel however they have hinted at their desire to create one in an interview on Pikmin 2 [4]

In the original Pikmin news articles, it was hinted at that Pikmin may be a trilogy.
[edit] A Possible Pikmin 3

In an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, the interviewer asked if he planned to do anything with Pikmin in the following article:[5]

July 12, 2007 - Every time we chat with Nintendo's famous producer, Shigeru Miyamoto, we bring up at least one franchise we'd like to see remade for the company's current-generation console. It used to be Metroid. Then it was Kid Icarus. And most recently, it's become Pikmin. When quizzed on the subject, Miyamoto all but revealed that another Pikmin was in development for Wii.

"I certainly don't think we've seen the last of Pikmin," he said. "I definitely would like to do something with them, and I think the Wii interface in particular is very well suited to that franchise."

Of course, he did not divulge any further specifics, but it seems to be a safe bet that we'll see the return of the Pikmin franchise on Wii at some point in the future.

Though he didn't fully announce it, it is safe to assume that a Pikmin 3 will appear on the Wii. Whether the game is in development or not is unknown.

On the 18th of April, 2008, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed in an interview on the topic of Wii Fit that he desired to continue with the Pikmin series in the following article:[6]

As for what the developer would like to work on next, Miyamoto said he's looking forward to working on the Wii some more. He also reiterated his desire to make another entry in the Pikmin series of action strategy games.

^^ Thats me when they finally confirm it.

^^ thats me if it's set to release this year

^^ thats me until its released =/

To Each Man, Responsibility

Its not confirmed yet, they just hinting it just wait till E3 if this was really true. Too much announcements in E3 by Ninty alone, is this too good to be true?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg