By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sales UP! MGS4 & 80GB Ps3 week!

Starcraft would be spewing with the low totals of 360 HW. 360 is tanking. Confirmed.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Dolla Dolla said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Bodhesatva said:

Yep, PS3 is going to best the Wii Worldwide for the first time in its history, I suspect.

Is the Wii still supply constrained in the US? I haven't checked in a while. I know it's not as bad as it was in, say, December/January, but I believe you still have to be on your toes to find one.

http://www.AMAZOWNED.com/Nintendo-RVL-001-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1213748237&sr=8-1

When that page has Wii's available regularly, it will no longer be supply constrained. As it stands, 100 percent sellthrough is the norm.

Great week for the PS3. Wii has a slow week, actually(about 50k units worldwide less than last week). This was the "perfect storm" for the PS3 to have its moment and I'm proud.

LMAO!!!

Man, that's great.

Also, the relatively poor MGS4 US software sales seem to have been overlooked.

This is very unfortunate to all those who made fun of Wii-Fit launch numbers. Very unfortunate.

I'll leave that discussion for another time, however.

One, I find many of your posts articulate and useful.  Two, perhaps I'm missing something but MGS4 sales US and elsewhere seem pretty good given install base and the exclusive (as in not welcoming to newcomers) nature of MGS4 and the sales of the previous entry in the franchise, MGS3.  Three, what's with the strange portents of doom.  Are you going to be paying those who made fun of Wii-Fit launch a visit to explain their wrongs to them or have you been playing too much GTA 4 and adopted some gangster traits?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

All i have to say is GoodBye 360 :) you have just got owned and hello wii :)

This is the mother of all PS3 games
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Ean-Rae/MGS4-Snake-girl.jpg

Diabloz said:
All i have to say is GoodBye 360 - (there's a nearly 6M lead - goodbye?! ROTFL) :) you have just got owned and hello wii :)

You don't *think* this is very premature? I could see if this has been going on for months, but it's just one week. Didn't the 360 beat the PS3 last week in NA?

OT: The MGS4 bundle did awesome and software was good. I commend Sony for beating the Wii for a week. The following weeks will prove if the MGS mojo will keep the numbers elevated. If it's sustained, cool. If not ...

Around the Network
Diabloz said:
All i have to say is GoodBye 360 :) you have just got owned and hello wii :)

sorry i dont think it will beat wii,next week it will fall under

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Munkeh111 said:
@ rubang, apart from like every PS3 owner (and a lot of people in north London) I have barely seen anyone get it

Very good hardware boost and good SW sales, and a nice little boost for Uncharted

*~Onna76~* said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I think MGS4 was horribly overtracked. There's no way it sold more than 10 copies. I mean, have any of YOU actually played the game or see anybody buy it? I sure haven't.

Don't be a troll, it doesn't suit you. I have more than 10 friends in my PSN owning MGS4 as I see them playing it when they are and I am online.

@Kingofwave, at least Japan has the rumble controller and a different color. Europe is getting the old junk (sixasis)... basically...

Whoa, so I guess I was a little off with the number 10 then.  How about 20?  I'm really bad at guesstimating.

Oh noes how could this happen?! I mean Wii is half the price of PS3! Quick find another Gamecube game to port!

Hahaha nice sig Leetgeek. Welcome to the Chartz. I'm sure you'll have a long enjoyable adventure here.

Leetgeek said:
Oh noes how could this happen?! I mean Wii is half the price of PS3! Quick find another Gamecube game to port!

Seriously, how are you not banned yet?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.