By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Missed a Golden Opportunity with the release of Smash Bros Brawl

I wouldn't care for the other stuff suggested in the OP, but a "Best of" compilation of songs on 2 or 3 CDs (sold separately) would be great.

I wouldn't mind if it was Japan only (like SE's FF DS remake soundtracks). I would import it like the OSTs for FF III DS and Shadow of the Colossus.

Nintendo release too few soundtracks. Where's SMG on CD?

Around the Network

Well, to be fair, that stuff is all the stuff I would want. Nintendo could done market research and found out what hardcore fans really wanted. I would expect that all that stuff would cost Nintedo about $40 per tin... whcih they sell at an $150 proft, minus retail costs ect nets about $80 extra profit per game. So if they sold 400,000 tins, that would be about 3 million in profit.

Also- was L canceling really a glitch? I don't think it was. It was in both smash and melee, just in melee it eliminated 1/2 the lag rather than all of it like in smash. Also combos were still possible in melee, but toned down form smash. Brawl went ahead and got rid of all that stuff completely :(

thekitchensink said:
I would've bought this, but Nintendo never makes this stuff. Biggest 'special edition' I can ever remember them doing is gold-painted Zelda cartridges for N64 and NES.

Didn't Wind Waker have a special edition disk that came with a second disk with OoT:Master Quest, Majora's Mask, etc.?  Or was that constantly shipped with the title?

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

alpha_dk said:
thekitchensink said:
I would've bought this, but Nintendo never makes this stuff. Biggest 'special edition' I can ever remember them doing is gold-painted Zelda cartridges for N64 and NES.

Didn't Wind Waker have a special edition disk that came with a second disk with OoT:Master Quest, Majora's Mask, etc.? Or was that constantly shipped with the title?

Sort of--I've got that disc, and it came as a preorder bonus, not a special edition.

@WoW: lol.  I have the NES one...  btw we seriously need to Brawl sometime... once I get my damn wireless fixed... 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

here in the UK, game.co.uk have special boxart

Around the Network

Nintendo doesnt really do Collector's Edition. Ever.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Maybe the hype of a worldwide release would've helped sales even more, if that's possible... the extra character idea wouldn't work though.

If they wanted to, they could've released some Smash action figures or pins...but they would've been recalled for lead tainting *zing*!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Doesn't sound like Nintendo's style, and no, I wouldn't have bought it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I consider Wii Play Nintendo's version of meaningless extra to make more money.

alpha_dk said:
thekitchensink said:

Didn't Wind Waker have a special edition disk that came with a second disk with OoT:Master Quest, Majora's Mask, etc.? Or was that constantly shipped with the title?

Wind Waker had a pre-order bonus disc that had the original version of TOOT and the Master Quest released on the N64 Disk Drive in Japan.

That same year however, as a bonus from Nintendo Power (i think u also had to register 4 eligible games with Nintendo as well) they had a special Collector's Edition that featured Zeldas 1 and 2 on the NES as well as TOOT yet again AND Majora's Mask... that one fetches a lot of money on eBay.

So basically I own 3 copies of TOOT which ties my previous record of 3 copies of SMB/Duck Hunt LoL.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.