By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Missed a Golden Opportunity with the release of Smash Bros Brawl

i have the colectors edtion

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

Around the Network
okr said:
I wouldn't care for the other stuff suggested in the OP, but a "Best of" compilation of songs on 2 or 3 CDs (sold separately) would be great.

I wouldn't mind if it was Japan only (like SE's FF DS remake soundtracks). I would import it like the OSTs for FF III DS and Shadow of the Colossus.

Nintendo release too few soundtracks. Where's SMG on CD?

Right here

I'm not sure if Nintendo actually made it, or if some other company was allowed to do so.

Why put in the 'advanced' techniques? That would only make it seem like Melee is actually the better version, which is NOT the message you want to include with your product. Besides, in Melee it was manageable because it didn't have online play - just make sure your friends don't wavedash. If such 'advanced' glitches make their way into online play, it gets inaccessible and unfun for the normal player.

And besides, maybe Ninty missed an opportunity here, but I'm sure as hell glad they did. An over-expensive 'true' edition (with extra characters etc.) would immediately make the normal one look bad, and thus force me into buying the limited edition (with lots of gimmicks I'm not looking for) for a LOT of money.

I drink your milkshake.

NIN doesnt do things like that, they would have made loads more cash, but they just dont do that. I think the real missed oppertunity for Brawl was the terrible online. NIN could have show to everyone that the wii can do real, fast, and fun online, instead it ruined it. Luckily we have online like KArt and MohH2, but i still want a good online Brawl.