By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Missed a Golden Opportunity with the release of Smash Bros Brawl

They failed to relase limited edition stuff for outlandish prices!

Imagine this- A specail gaint Brawl tin with the box art of the game on the tin's cover. On the back, the contents are advertised:

5 inch plushies of every character in the game!

3 set CD of every song in the game!

A "making of" DVD

A character concept and art book

A limited edition exclusive brawl character- Geno! (beauty of this is that Nintendo has to pay royalties ONLY on the limited edition games)

A limited edition exclusive course

Advanced techniques, such as wavedashing, L cancelling, CCing, and foxtrotting available only in limited edition brawl! (old style of airdodge included)

Special limited edition brawl box- different box art on front, promo on back that says "limited edition"

They could easily sell that tin for $199.99 and at least 100,000 (may be up to 500,000) fans would lap it up. I know I would buy 2 (one to gouge people on ebay with later)

What do you think? Why didn't Nintendo do this? Too much work?

Around the Network

You wouldn't be able to fit every song in the game on 3 CDs. Try something like 15.

And...I don't think people would have gone for it. Brawl's just Brawl, in and of itself.

I've never seen Nintendo go for that sort of superfluous thing. But yeah, it'd sell. A plushie or minature of each character would be cool.

I would had bought it... but no, that's not Nintendo's style.

nintendo would rather license out the Wii name for stuff like this:

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/wii_candy_dispenser_nintendo_gummis/

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

Pichu wasn't in it, that's a missed opportunity

Nintendo never seems to do that, I would have bought a 5'' plush of Squirtle to go with my copy of SSBB

I would've bought it, actually sounds really cool :3 I love concept art.

Well, I wouldn't want them to put wavedashing and stuff back in, but eh >.<

I agree though, Nintendo doesn't seem to do that.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

"Advanced techniques, such as wavedashing, L cancelling, CCing, and foxtrotting available only in limited edition brawl! (old style of airdodge included)"

HELL! NO!

Those are all glitches that were not intentionally put into Melee, and they broke the game for those who didn't memorize them.

I would've bought this, but Nintendo never makes this stuff. Biggest 'special edition' I can ever remember them doing is gold-painted Zelda cartridges for N64 and NES.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
ameratsu said:

nintendo would rather license out the Wii name for stuff like this:

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/wii_candy_dispenser_nintendo_gummis/

thats great stuff

thekitchensink said:

I would've bought this, but Nintendo never makes this stuff. Biggest 'special edition' I can ever remember them doing is gold-painted Zelda cartridges for N64 and NES.

I have both...