By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The only opinion about MGSIV that matters

Mine!

My friend made the mistake of bringing his PS3 down to my room to use my larger tv, so I've been playing a bit of MGSIV and here are the thoughts I had, in chronological order

* Wow, PS3's are big (it hadn't been turned on yet, so I had little else to go off - you dont appreicate how big they are until you pt them next to a Wii)

* Ooh, pretty graphics (I mostly game on my Wii, and own a Mac with decent stats) the game looks very nice

* Wow, the cutscenes are very long - but they are well done, and interesting so i like it

* Sneaking is fun

*Shit, he's spotted me (now to remember how to use dual anaogue sticks)

*Ow, I'm dead, combat is really clunky

Anyway, act 1 finished, I really like the game, it has good graphics, music, and gameplay, the weapon are good and varied.

However, I dislike the controls and feel that the game may get a bit repetitive unless they shake things up in later acts

Also, apparently this isn't true later in the game or on hard difficulty, but you can essentially get through Act 1 by simply running as fast as you can towards the target.

In conclusion, any game reviewer that gives the game a 7/10 is a tool, as in one who gives it a 10/10

Around the Network

You went through act 1..

lol act 1

mM
scottie said:

Mine!

My friend made the mistake of bringing his PS3 down to my room to use my larger tv, so I've been playing a bit of MGSIV and here are the thoughts I had, in chronological order

* Wow, PS3's are big (it hadn't been turned on yet, so I had little else to go off - you dont appreicate how big they are until you pt them next to a Wii)

* Ooh, pretty graphics (I mostly game on my Wii, and own a Mac with decent stats) the game looks very nice

* Wow, the cutscenes are very long - but they are well done, and interesting so i like it

* Sneaking is fun

Anyway, act 1 finished, I really like the game, it has good graphics, music, and gameplay, the weapon are good and varied.

However, I dislike the controls and feel that the game may get a bit repetitive unless they shake things up in later acts

Also, apparently this isn't true later in the game or on hard difficulty, but you can essentially get through Act 1 by simply running as fast as you can towards the target.

In conclusion, any game reviewer that gives the game a 7/10 is a tool, as in one who gives it a 10/10

Unlike you, I really like the controls but I guarantee you one thing:

Kojima mixes this game up a lot. You do everything short of playing a Chess mini-game against God.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

What difficulty are you playing on?

The controls are a little slow, but I think that is because you are meant to be precise in your shooting and not get into frantic battles. My main issue is with the close quaters combat, because I have not really worked out that actual moves. My other problem is with apparantly respawning enemies (it seems that way) which is only stopped by you walking to a particular spot

rocketpig said:
scottie said:

Mine!

* Sneaking is fun

Unlike you, I really like the controls but I guarantee you one thing:

Kojima mixes this game up a lot. You do everything short of playing a Chess mini-game against God.

Haha, that make me laugh considerably. However, would it have surprised everyone if that actually happened? Kojima is a genius.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

@ rocketpig, are you refering to act III, I am just starting it, and it does seem very different

Munkeh111 said:
What difficulty are you playing on?

The controls are a little slow, but I think that is because you are meant to be precise in your shooting and not get into frantic battles. My main issue is with the close quaters combat, because I have not really worked out that actual moves. My other problem is with apparantly respawning enemies (it seems that way) which is only stopped by you walking to a particular spot

People use CQC? Really?

I've used it once in the entire game... Because I had to. Anyone who has played the game knows the part I'm talking about.

Munkeh111 said:
@ rocketpig, are you refering to act III, I am just starting it, and it does seem very different

Crazy shit goes down from Act III forward. That's all I will say.

Once you get about halfway into Act III, prepare to be really entertained for about 3-4 hours after that point. 

rocketpig said:
Munkeh111 said:

Crazy shit goes down from Act III forward. That's all I will say.

Once you get about halfway into Act III, prepare to be really entertained for about 3-4 hours after that point. 

oooo, exciting, the game is really exciting, the end of act II was good, with the tense trek through the mountains and then the shootout, my grenade launcher came in really handy

Yeah, i just got upto the last act, 3 and 4 are CRAZY.

But you'll love it. :D

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina