By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Chart-Track: MGS4 had "minimal" impact on UK PS3 sales

Chart Track says 7% increase for UK, Vgchartz says 30% increase for others... Either there was a much bigger boost in the rest of Europe (which is possible), or there's a discrepancy here.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
@eliasg - Sorry, I thought that you were from the UK, I now realise that you are from Cyprus, so knowing that wouldn't be all that important.

Everybody here in Cyprus are PS fans and hardcore PRO EVO players .  Ι am in the minority being FIFA and XBOX fan. lol!!!

Wow, 7% that's so......underwhelming....

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Slimebeast said:
lol@Munkeh111

The expert on MGS4 bundles.

Nobody ever seems to understand which ones are being released more, I have done my best to find out, but I still not sure whether there was a MGS bundle in Europe, but it was certainly not an 80GB and not in the UK

why is everyone surprised? the uk is basically the "mini-me" of america when it comes to entertainment. what ever america likes, the uk follows suit. mgs4 still spiked ps3 sales quite high, regardless of the uk effect.

Around the Network

@ doats, in america there was a huge hardware boost, in the UK there was not

Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:
lol@Munkeh111

Nobody ever seems to understand which ones are being released more, I have done my best to find out, but I still not sure whether there was a MGS bundle in Europe, but it was certainly not an 80GB and not in the UK

Haha, I've seen you playing around with all these limited bundles and numbers for weeks now. And it's still so unclear about your (our) own continent?

Anyway, u menationed the "gunmetal grey console", was it released in the US too, not only Japan?

It's kinda sad how gamers are right now..

a true AAA title makes minimal impact.

while releasing a few colours makes MAJOR impact?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Slimebeast said:
Munkeh111 said:
Slimebeast said:
lol@Munkeh111

Haha, I've seen you playing around with all these limited bundles and numbers for weeks now. And it's still so unclear about your (our) own continent?

Anyway, u menationed the "gunmetal grey console", was it released in the US too, not only Japan?

Yes, this may (or may not be!) the one that was limited to 70k, or that may be all bundles. It was definitely released in the US. They are all so confusing

Munkeh111 said:
@ doats, in america there was a huge hardware boost, in the UK there was not

still doesn't change the fact that the uk usually follows the trend of america.